1. There's something to remember

Today was the first day of school and I wasn't ready. Summer wasn't enough not for vocation, not for anything. And of course not for Marina's death to get behind us. Seeing the uniform this morning I probably stared at it for five minutes. It reminded me of her. We weren't this close, but she was a friend.

As I was putting on my make up there was loud music from the room next to mine. Then I heard a loud scream causing me to mess with my eyeline. I sighed and after removing both eyes I walked out of my room and headed to his. I couldn't describe how I felt about him, about him being back. When I opened his door I saw him bending over his desk and sniffing some cocain again.

''Are you serious?'' I asked him and walked inside. He stood up straight and ruffled his hair before looking at me. ''It's eight in the morning, Valerio.'' I continued and he threw me a wide smile.

''Morning is important. Do you want one?'' he asked as I stood right in front of him. He was quite taller than me so I had to look up at him.

''No. I don't eat breakfast.'' I told him sarcastically and turned around quickly to walk out of the room.

''I'm driving us to school!'' he yelled behind me and I rolled my eyes before going back to get ready.

~

''You're not glad I'm back?'' he asked as we drove in the school's driveway. Before I had the time to answer him I saw Ander riding his bike.

''Ander!'' I yelled and he looked at me as we drove right next him. I gave him a smile while waving and he did aswell but I saw he was confused about who I was sitting next to.

''Who was that?'' Valerio asked as we stopped in front of the front gate. I turned around to look at him.

''Ander. My best friend.'' I infromed him and he raised his eyebrows. ''Dad said you better pass this year. Or no more money for you and poor doesn't suit you.'' I told him with a serious face.

''I don't have to worry.'' he said as he looked straight ahead. ''Because whatever happens... I've got you to help me.'' he said looking at me and giving one of his wide smiles. Damn him and his smiles. I sighed dramatically and got out of the car. ''Seriously now, Savvy thank you. You're the only one that believes in me. Everyone else thinks I'm a loser.'' he said loudly as I made my way around the car towards the school door.

''Maybe I should consider listening to them! But this is my punishment for being your sister! '' I yelled back at him and gave him a sarcastic smile. He then stood up further inside his cabrio.

''Half sister, gorgeous!'' he yelled at me as he always does. I ignored him and walked up the stairs before the door. There stood Guzman and Lucrecia looking at me.

''Buenos dias!'' Lucrecia said with a smile and hugged me tightly. ''I've missed you, Sav.'' she exclaimed and I chuckled.

''I missed you too, Lu.'' I told her and she hugged me again. When we broke the hug I turned towards Guzman who looked serious. ''How have you been?'' I asked him as we hugged as well. Those two have been my best friends since we were kids, them and Ander.

''Better.'' he said firmly giving me a small smile. Then I saw Nadia getting out of a car and immediately my eyes drifted to Guzman. I knew he had some sort of feelings for her, but we have never talked about it. I knew there was something between them though. Just as I was gazing at Nadia, a car pulled in front of us and a girl got out. She wasn't here last year but she looked familiar. I knew she didn't belong in our circle though.

~

Lu and I walked in front of Guzman who gazed around the school so we could talk. ''So, he's back?'' she asked and I looked at her with wide eyes. I told her immediately that Valerio was back. She was the only one that knew what happend between us last summer but I didn't expect her to comment on it so soon.