14. Wrong in so many ways

⌘︎

Joaquín and I walked inside the club laughing at some old memories. My laughter though died as soon as I spotted Valerio sitting on the bar next to Rebeca. ''What's wrong?'' Joaquín asked and I looked at him before putting on a fake smile.

''Oh it's nothing.'' I said with a smile as we made our way closer to the bar. Suddenly he placed his hand on my arm making me look at him.

''Valerio is here?!'' he exclaimed with a huge smile and I sighed. ''Why didn't you tell me?'' he asked before grabbing my hand and dragging me next to Valerio and Rebeca. ''Valerio! My man!'' Joaquín shouted as he placed his hand on Valerio's shoulder. As soon as Valerio heard this, he turned around and quickly hugged Joaquín.

''What are you doing here?'' Valerio asked, smiling widely.

''Change of senery. But I'm here to stay.'' Joaquín told him. Then Valerio's eyes fell on me and then his eyes darkened when Joaquín placed his arm around my waist. After the two of us stared each other Valerio turned to him with a smile.

''I'm surprised Savvy didn't mentioned you were here.'' Joaquín said. Valerio turned to me with a tight smile.

''Well, I'll see you around man. I have to get going.'' Valerio said with a smile before winking at Joaquín and grabbing Rebeca's hand before heading towards the bathroom. I stood there with slightly wide eyes as I watched Valerio check out Rebeca as the two of them got inside the bathroom. That hurt.

''I need a drink.'' I finally said and Joaquín nodded quickly. We then sat on the bar and I saw Omar who smiled at me.

''Hola, gorgeous.'' Omar said and I smiled. ''What can I get you?'' he asked.

''Your strongest.'' I answered and I could see in his eyes that he knew something was wrong.

''Hey, I'm Joaquín. You might know my sister, Lu.'' Joaquín introduced himself to Omar, probably noticing we were friends. Omar smiled at him and they shook hands.

''Omar.'' Omar said before going away to fix my drink.

''So, my lady.'' Joaquín said jokingly and I looked at him. ''Tell me what I've missed those three years.'' he said and we chuckled together.

''Not much really. I think you know the most important.'' I said, referring to Marina's death. His smile faded slightly as he nodded.

''Yes, Lu told me.'' he said and I nodded. Omar brought our drinks and I thanked him.

''Did she tell you the killer was Polo?'' I asked him as I drank almost half of my drink with one sip.

''She mentioned something. I really can't believe it.'' he said. He was friends with Polo, they hung back then with Valerio, Guzman and Ander. I can't imagine how he felt; coming back only to find out that one of your friends killed your other friend's sister.

After a few seconds I had already drunk my whole drink and ordered for another. The music was blasting in the room and the lights were slightly down. ''Care for a dance?'' I asked Joaquín who smiled widely.

''I thought you'd never ask.'' he said back and when Omar brought my drink I grabbed it and walked with Joaquín towards the dance floor.

~

''Savvy!'' I heard someone call my name but I ignored and continued juming around at the loud music close to Joaquín. ''Savvy!'' I heard the voice again and turned around only to see Rebeca. She then turned to Joaquín. ''I'm borrowing her for a second.'' she said and he nodded even though I shook my head.