16. Me and not you

⌘︎

''Maybe you should talk to him.'' Valerio said as I stood next to him, not far away from the bar. The music was loud and the club was filled with our classmates that danced around happily. I looked up at him.

''Why?'' I asked him confused. He then looked at me and brought his face closer to mine.

''Because I feel like we used him.'' he exclaimed quietly and I turned my head towards Joaquín.

~

''Ander!'' I yelled as I followed him towards the venting machine. ''How are you going to the hospital alone?'' I asked him quietly as I stood beside him. He was still insisting on not telling no one else.

''I don't know, on foot, with a buss, a taxi?'' he said and I rolled my eyes.

''Your mother?'' I asked him. ''Omar?'' I asked again but he shook his head.

''There's no way I'm telling them.'' he said.

''But-'' I started but he cut me off.

''Do you understand?'' he asked firmly, looking at me. I sighed and put my hands in the air.

''Fine.'' I said and he turned back towards the machine. ''But I'm coming with you.'' I told him and he shook his head.

''No, I don't need anyone.'' he said and I sighed before grabbing his shoulders and turning him around to face me. 

''Stop being such a jerk and take advantage of the people that want to stay with you. There's no way I'm leaving you alone.'' I told him and he gave me a small smile before wrapping his arms around me.

''Thank you, Sav.'' he said and I hugged him back.

''De nada.'' I told him back with a smile. At least one relationship that goes well.

~

''And what are you going to do?'' Lu asked as we walked through the hallways. I shook my head and sighed.

''I have no clue, she told me that if we're talking for a full scholarship I have very few shots on actually getting it.'' I explained at her.

''What do you need to do?'' she asked.

''She told me that I can get into Columbia and then have an extra exam to get into their school.'' I explained and sighed.

''Then what are you waiting for?'' Lu exclaimed. I looked at her in the eyes.

''I don't think I can make it.'' I told her truthfully.

''Oh shut up and go sign the application form right now!'' she exclaimed and I sighed once more. ''I'm going to Columbia as well. We'll be together.'' she said and I shook my head with smile.

''Yeah you don't have to give a million exams though.'' I said, talking about her not needing a scholarship, her parents are paying for a spott in Columbia.