11. Apart

I never thought the end would come so soon, or that it would be such a horrible end. I guess some fairytales don't get to have their happy ending. And I really think I might deserve it. But apparently I was wrong about a few things. 

Carla indeed had feelings for Samuel. And his plan worked perfectely since after 84 hours of him being missing she went to the police and confessed everything. She confessed that Polo actually killed Marina and that it was an accident.

Guzman and I were back being best friends and I really saw the spark in his eyes when he watched Nadia walk by. Something I was slightly happy about. Lu and I haven't talked in a week and I just couldn't bring myself to forgive her. I know she is my best and only friend but what she did was unforgivable.

And Valerio... he went and told Nadia that he was the one that took the video, in order to protect me. I apriciated it and at the same time thought that it wasn't necessary. He then told me that Nadia already hated him for what he told her about me and it wasn't that big of a deal. I, on the other hand, thought it was.

The night before the police arrested Polo I got a call from Ander. I immediately went to his house to find him crying along with a whiskey bottle. He then confessed that Polo told him about the murder and he knew all about it. I then realised that, that was the reason he was being a jerk all those weeks. 

After the police arrested Polo and took him in for questioning everyone stood in the hallway looking at him walking away from the school. I then realised that the photo of Valerio and I was still on the web and it would take days for our parents to find out, if they hadn't already. I looked around and saw that Valerio wasn't here. That would mean only two things, either our father found out and he already kicked him away, or he just didn't want to come to school today.

Truthfully, I wished it was the second.

~

I walked quickly inside my house and took of my jacket and dropped my bag on the nearest couch. There was absolute silence as I looked around to see there was no one here. I quickly ran upstair towards Valerio's room. 

When I opened the door I saw him standing in front of the window and I immediately ran to him and hugged him tightly. He though didn't hug me back and I felt eyes staring at my back. I slowly pulled away and looked up at him, for a moment refusing to realise that there were people behind us. 

He looked down at me and I saw his eyes were red and puffy as tears stained his cheeks. I took a deep breath feeling tears build up inside my own eyes. I slowly turned around and saw my parents standing at each side of the room staring at us disgusted, angry and most of all embarassed and dissapointed. My mom held her phone in her hand which showed the photo of me and him kissing outside Cayetana's house.

''What is this?'' my mom breathed out. I stared at her and my father but I couldn't say anything. I was left speechless.

''I don't fucking believe it.'' my dad breathed out and I could hear the rage in his voice. ''How dare you? How dare you take advantage of her?! I can't believe I raised such a disgusting human being!'' my father screamed at Valerio who closed his eyes as more tears fell from his eyes. I then took a step forwards and looked at him.

''He didn-'' I started, trying to reason with him and tell him that he didn't took advantage of me. My mom though cut me off and grabbed my arm.

''That's enough!'' she screamed and pulled me towards her with a lot of strength.

''But he didn't-'' I screamed but she pulled me quickly out of the room and lead me towards mine. When the door closed behind us she let go of my arm and I immediately brought it on my chest and held the red spot with my hand. I stood in the middle of my room as my mom paced around angrily.