13. History in repeat

''What the fuck is he doing here?'' Valerio asked as we stood next to Carla, Samuel, Lu, Guzman, Ander, Omar, Rebeca and Joaquín. All of us watched as Polo slowly walked in the club. My head was already spinning and I could barely see Polo. Valerio took a step forward but I placed my hand on his chest, stopping him.

"He doesn't worth it." I told him and he wrapped his arm around my waist without taking his eyes off of Polo.

~
Christmas were extremely awful. I spend the entire holidays in the house except for some parties that Guzman threw in the club, some sleepovers with Ander when Omar had to work and a few coffee meetings with Samuel. He and I lately became good friends and I could almost call him a best friend. As well as Ander and Guzman.

Lu and I barely talked the whole break. And it really hurt me that she wasn't there for me when Valerio left the house. Almost everyday I would pass outside of his room just to see it empty. I would linger on the door and picture him inside. I would picture him giving me one of his huge smile and ruffling his hair. I smiled at the thought but knew it was over and I had to move on. But while I thought I was ready to move on, I guess the universe was against me.

I stood in the middle of the school hallway, on the first day back at school, next to Ander and Guzman. Lu, Rebeca, Samuel and Carla weren't far behind as we all stared with wide eyes as Polo walked side by side with his mother next to us.

Just like a year ago with Samuel, everyone looked at Polo with wide eyes and shocked faces. Because this time Polo indeed was a murderer walking free.

~

''Why didn't we know he was let free?'' Samuel asked Guzman as we all stood inside our classroom.

''We didn't even know they had caught him.'' Guzman told him. ''His mother has a lot of power. But he's not getting away with this.'' he continued and I walked close to them.

''I don't believe it. What are they waiting for?'' I exclaimed and they looked at me.

''Proof.'' Samuel said and I sighed knowing he was right.

''They didn't need any to put Nano in jail, though.'' I said frustrated.

''Aren't you gonna say anything?'' Lu asked Carla as she came and stood next to me. ''Or you're going to keep your secretes from everyone again?'' she continued with a frustrated tone.

''At least she spoke in the end.'' Guzman said and Carla looked away. ''Others didn't say anything, like assholes.'' Guzman said again and looked at Ander who looked away uncomfortably. Guzman was still very mad that Ander never told him the truth. Lu immediately turned towards Ander.

''Ander? Joder! You knew too?'' Lu exclaimed.

''I knew it too.'' I said and she stared at me before sighing. ''I helped Samuel and Nano.'' I explained.

''So I was the only one that didn't know a fucking thing?'' Lu exclaimed.

''Lu, you have nothing to do with this.'' Guzman told her and she stared at him.