21. Luck is never on your side

⌘︎

''Savannah, your next.'' the inspector said as I sat on the couch of the club between Lu and Valerio. I didn't dare moving as I felt like time had stopped. The inspector walked away, waiting for me in one of the booths but I could get up.

''Your turn.'' Nadia said, who sat a bit further from us. Everyone, though, was here, sitting around the couch and having that dazed look on their faces.

''I can't do it.'' I breathed out, not daring to look at anyone. ''I can't.'' I breathed out again. Lu placed her hand in mine.

''You have to lie. Listen to me.'' she said and I turned my head slowly towards her. ''You have to lie.'' she repeated.

~

The music blastered loudly while I danced, with a bottle in hand, in the middle of other people. Joaquín hasn't showed up yet but I've lost track of time and drinking. I knew Valerio was somewhere around here but I tried not to find him any time soon. Suddenly I felt someone shaking my shoulder and I quickly turned around to find Lu with a socked look.

''Savvy...'' she started and I raised my eyebrows.

''What happend?'' I asked her loudly so she could hear me.

''I saw something.'' she said but I was having trouble hearing her so I grabbed her arm and dragged her away from the living room in a corridor towards the bathrooms.

''What's wrong?'' I asked again.

''I saw Omar. He was making out with someone.'' she said and my eyes widened.

''With who? Is Ander here?'' I asked all too quickly.

''With Malik, Savvy.'' she said and my eyes widened.

''What?!'' I exclaimed. ''Oh God..'' I breathed out and she nodded. Then her eyes widened and I followed her stare only to see Ander looking around. Joder. Lu and I looked at each other and then immediately jogged to Ander.

''Ander!'' Lu yelled as we stopped in front of him with a smile.

''How are you? Is everything alright?'' I asked him and placed my hand on his shoulder as Lu and I slowly took step towards him to get him away from the bathrooms. 

''Have you seen Omar?'' Ander asked us, still looking around. He looked kind of dizzy.

''Omar? Sí. He's in the bathroom.'' Lu said and my eyes widened slightly. Then Ander tried to walk towards the bathroom behind us but she stopped him. ''No, the bathroom downstairs.'' she said with a smile and I realised her plan.

''Where downstairs? You have like twenty of them.'' Ander exclaimed towards me. I smiled at him trying to look normal.

''Come with me, I'll show you.''I said and turned his around linking my arm through his. Before we walked away I gave Lu a nodd. ''I'm offended you still don't know my house.'' I told Ander as soon as we reached the stairs.

We finally made it downstairs but as I walked next to Ander someone grabbed my hand making me stop and turn around. Ander did as well. My eyes soon fell on Valerio who looked not so good. ''What is it?'' I asked him, feeling a bit incomfortable with Ander standing right next to me. I could feel him looking at us akwardly.