Chapter Two

The next two weeks had passed by unbearably slow. I spent my days in the kitchen with my parents, and my nights consumed with the idea of what to come. I was obsessed, completely ready to just jump in the car and head to Pax.

On my final day in Silva, I had attended a goodbye ceremony held by the Alpha. I had sat in the middle, listening diligently as he spoke, talking about how those who choose to leave will be missed, how those choose to return will be welcomed with open arms, and that he knows we will do the Silva pack proud. His nineteen-year-old son stood next to him, most likely taking mental notes. He had attended the Tournament last year but had chosen to spend the rest of his year afterwards searching for his mate. A kind-looking woman stood beside him, clutching onto his hand.

Apparently, he had ended up in England before he found her.

The remainder of my day afterwards had been spent packing. I would only be taking the necessities, as I would be able to return to collect my stuff for a proper move. I had two bags with me, filled with everything that I could possibly need over the next six months.

It was a seven-hour drive to Pax, and we needed to be there by three o'clock sharp. Some people had chosen to leave the day before, but my parents could only get two days off, one to get me there, and one for them to return. So, the night before, the car was packed with everything we'll need. My suitcases in the back and a full tank of petrol, ready to go.

I was barely able to fall asleep, my eyes staying wide open. I'd ended up giving up on sleep and shifted, choosing to take a run and see if that would help send me to sleep.

I saw a few other wolves, all looking as if they would be my age, so they were most likely out for the same reason. The didn't bother me, so I left them alone. It was two-thirty, before I returned home, and I had fallen asleep the minute my head touched the pillow.

My father woke me up at five, insisting that the sooner we left the better.

I had almost hit him with my pillow.

I pulled myself out of the bed, having a quick shower and washing my hair to wake myself up. I ran my fingers through my hair before leaving it out, though I kept a hair tie around my wrist just in case.

I pulled on a pair of jeans, a plain white shirt and a denim jacket. I didn't want to be wearing anything overly uncomfortable on such a long drive.

I ran my hands over the folds of my jacket, smoothing it out before leaving the room, heading into the kitchen where my parents were.

"Anything in particular for breakfast?" My father asked, already frying something up.

"I might just have toast, goddess knows you've made enough snacks for along the way." I yawned.

"You're right about that," My mother grumbled, "People would think we're a family of ten with how much food has been put in the back.

My father only shrugged, continuing to cook. I pulled the toaster out and put in two pieces of bread, setting the timer before walking over to the half-full jug of coffee that was sitting on the machine.

I pulled out a mug and slowly poured the black liquid in, grabbing the milk that was still out and pouring a little in.

I raised the cup to my lips and let the warm liquid burn down my throat. I looked out the window and groaned,

"You couldn't have at least waited for the sun to rise before you woke me up?" 

"No," My mother said sternly, "It's better to be early than late,"

We were in the car by seven.

As we drove out of the driveway and through the pack, I saw the buses. Families crying as their child climbed up the stairs and into the bus itself.