Chapter Fifteen

Ivy's POV

To say I was anxious was a massive understatement.

I hadn't been able to sleep, my eyes glued to the ceiling. 

The next thing I knew was the sun was slowly beginning to rise over the horizon, and my eyelids were finally beginning to become heavy. My mind was a whirlwind, my heart pumping out my chest. 

Was I regretting everything? Oh definitely. 

When Julian had asked about maybe going to visit my family over the break, I had almost fainted. It's not that I didn't want him to meet my family, it's just I didn't want him to meet my parents.

I had clued Julian in, not in detail, but given him the basics of it, how I didn't talk to them at all. About their... problems.

Maybe a week ago I received a message from my parents inviting me over. Somehow they had found out about Julian being my mate. I would have thrown the message in the bin and lit it on fire if Julian hadn't found it first. 

So now I was going to visit my parents.

Eventually, I dragged myself up and out of bed, my entire body tired and sluggish. I didn't feel happy or excited, just worried.,

I showered and cleaned myself up as quick as I could before throwing on a casual floral print dress and tying up a pair of gladiator sandals. I let my hair stay out as per usual before walking out of my room. Althea's door was hanging wide open, meaning she was already gone. While I couldn't see Valeria, Lia was packing her stuff into a duffel bag,

"You've just missed Valeria, but I would guess that Althea's been gone for ages," She informed,

"Alright, so I guess I won't be able to say goodbye," I sighed, "How long are you going away for again?"

Lia paused, "Two or three days? My older sister has a big performance coming up so we'll be staying for that. Maelle has been training for this for ages, and it's important that I get to watch her dance."

I sighed, "So I guess I'll see you after then, I would guess that Val won't be out any longer then you are,"

Lia slung the bag over her shoulder, "Oh definitely, "She gave me a quick hug, "I'll see you soon Ivy, don't stress too much about everything and look after Althea when you get back,"

I gave her a smile, "I will, don't worry. You have fun, alright?"

"Oh I will," Lia said mischievously, "Don't you worry about that,"

She opened up the door and disappeared into the hallway. Before the door closed, I grabbed onto the handle, holding it open for just a second before following her out. Lia had already gone from view, but that didn't matter.

Just a few metres away was Julian, walking down the hallway. I felt my body relax, a smile easily taking over my face. His hair, as usual, was pulled back into a bun, the hair at the side being freshly buzzed. He had a small bag on his back, simply because he didn't already have clothes at my house.

He broke the distance between us, pressing a light kiss to my lips, "You ready to go?"

I pulled back, a fake smile on my face, "Yes, I'm ready to go,"

Julian rested his hand on the small of my back as we started to walk, "It's going to be fine, you're parents specifically said that they had been clean ever since you left, and hey, at least you get to see your siblings again,"

A small smile twisted my lips, "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I'm sorry I'm being such a downer, I'm just... worried."

"And rightfully so, but don't even worry, it's going to be fine." He reassured me, "And if you're parents start getting crazy, I'll sort it out."