Chapter Fourteen

I managed to get through the rest of my exams without to much trouble. I would be waking up early, making myself breakfast, going out for a run and then taking my exam or assessment. I barely saw anyone other than my own classmates. Since Valeria had now completely healed, she wasn't resting nor was anyone staying behind to look after her. So their exams were in full swing running late or early regardless, I was in bed as soon as I could be and awake first thing in the morning.

It was a constant, brutal schedule but it got me through those two weeks and before I knew it, I was walking out of my final exam, extremely tired and extremely relieved.

"I can't believe we're halfway through," I said, finishing off my dinner.

"I know right? Three months already, it's crazy to think about," Ivy agreed, her mouth full of food,

"At least exams are over," Julian whooped, "What a relief, I'm stoked for a break before getting right back into it,"

"You're right on that one," Gabriel added, "One more exam and I would have just dropped out. Not looking forward to doing it again at the end of the next term, I've heard it's even more intense."

I sighed, "I hope not. It's not even funny how much sleep I've gotten these past two weeks."

"Well, at least it's over," Magnolia let out in relief, "No more stress for us, it's a lovely thought,"

Orion placed down his mug, "So, anyones family coming to visit?"

I nodded, "My parents are coming up for visiting day, they won't be staying for long, arriving, meeting me and then leaving, but it will be nice to see them. They'll be here tomorrow,"

"I'm taking Jules to meet my family, so we'll probably be leaving tomorrow. You know, go out for lunch and maybe stay the night, so I can spend some quality time with my siblings."

Magnolia placed down her fork, "Same, Gabriel and I are doing a two-day trip to Artium,"

My brows furrowed, "I thought you weren't allowed to visit other packs during the tournament?"

Magnolia shrugged, "Maybe it's just like that for Silva, but we share borders so it's no problem for me and Gabe to go and visit,"

Valeria nodded, "Same for us, Colton and I are taking a quick visit to Vindex,"

My mouth gaped open, "So it's just me here?"

Orion shook his head, "I'm staying here, it's easier than going back home for a quick visit,"

I sighed, "That's nice to know I suppose,"

"I wouldn't worry Althea," Ivy shrugged, "You won't be alone too long, just a night. And if you're that worried, you can stay up with Orion, or he can stay down with you?"

I almost choked, "Yeah, no thanks, I think I'm good,"

Ivy shrugged, "Just a suggestion," Though the glint in her eye told me otherwise.

After dinner, we all headed back up to our rooms, the walk completely silent, not having the energy to utter a single word. We didn't even say anything when we entered, just a simple wave of the hand as we all walked into our bedroom, the exhaustion causing our sleep to come quickly.

-------------------------------------

When I had woken up, I could feel the difference in the air. It was now officially our holidays.

I would be seeing my parents today.

The thought excited me, after three months I was ready to see them, to tell them everything. Well, maybe not everything, but the majority of things that had happened during my time here.