Chapter Seventeen

Magnolia's POV

I had woken up almost as soon as the light has streamed through my windows. I had no trouble in getting up, running a hand through my hair before throwing on the clothes that I had left at the end of my bed. I grabbed a comb and tried to fix up my hair, huffing in annoyance. I would probably need to go and get a haircut soon. I didn't really like the pixie, it didn't suit me. I had been at a party just a few weeks before the tournament had started, I was wasted and they had dared me to  my hair rudely falling in front of my eyes and tickling my ears.

I was heading home.

Not for long, just a visit to see my family.

I was excited, eager to be able to tell my parents everything about what had been happening.

They knew I had found my mate, and they knew that he was the next Beta of the Vindex Pack. My parents wouldn't take any notice of that though, I was sure.

I grabbed my bag and swung open my door, seeing Valeria standing at the door, her hand firmly planted on the door knob.

"Morning, I'm just about to leave," She said, looking like a deer in the headlights.

"Have fun up in Vindex," I yawned, trying to stifle a laugh, "I'll see you when you get back."

She cracked a smile, "You bet, have fun!"

She pulled the door open and left the room. We were just at that point in the friendship I guess. I threw my bag on the table and fixing it up, piling some necessities into the bag and tying it up.

I heard the door open, my head snapping in the direction of the sound, seeing Ivy walk out of her room already completely prepared.

"You've just missed Valeria, but I would guess that Althea's been gone for ages," I informed,

"Alright, so I guess I won't be able to say goodbye," She sighed, her face falling slightly, more so that she wouldn't get to have a repeat of last nights goobyes. "How long are you going away for again?"

I paused, going over my schedule in my head, "Two or three days? My older sister has a big performance coming up so we'll be staying for that. Maelle has been training for this for ages, and it's important that I get to watch her dance."

Maelle was 21, my older sister who most people mistook for my twin. She was a dancer, and a brilliant one at that. She had gone to train in one of our prestigious dance schools after being scored as one of the highest in her selected dance course.

What I loved about my parents is that I was never compared to her, and they never compared our success's. They never told me to be more like Maelle, but rather why my art hadn't been accepted into a gallery. My sister and I had a supportive relationship when it came to our arts, never a competitive one.

Ivy sighed, shoving her hands into her pocket, "So I guess I'll see you after then, I would guess that Val won't be out any longer then you are,"

I slung the bag over my shoulder, "Oh definitely, " I went over and gave her a quick hug, knowing that she was anxious about meeting up with her family, "I'll see you soon Ivy, don't stress too much about everything and look after Althea when you get back,"

She gave me a smile, "I will, don't worry. You have fun, alright?"

"Oh I will," I said mischievously, "Don't you worry about that,"

I gave her a wink before flying out the door, not even caring about closing the door. Gabe was going to meet me in the downstairs waiting area, that way we didn't clash with anyone else. As I waited for the elevator to open, Julian was there waiting.