Chapter Forty Four

Orion's POV

"Orion Westbrooke! You certainly took your sweet time."

I shifted, practically effortlessly. "I'm still on time, aren't I?"

Kage looked down at the watch on his wrist, "Well, I suppose you are."

As I looked at Kage, I wondered why he was the one that was causing such a big deal. He was tall, with long gangly limbs. His eyes were dark, practically black. Even with the sun's reflection, they didn't become any lighter. His platinum hair was close-cropped to his head, a seamless transition with his overly pale skin. The more I stared at him, the more I could see Crew. They stood the same way, had the same unmoving glare and bumpy nose.

I focused back, though it seemed that Kage had been giving me the exact same treatment that I had given him.

Did he see me as an enemy? As a threat? I was taller and stronger than him sure, but I knew that he was smarter than me. There could be a million things that were running through his head, but I at least hoped he was the slightest bit intimidated, even if his gaze gave away nothing.

I had wondered whether or not Kage had anyone else in leadership. There were two men behind him, standing at least three steps back from where he was. They were twins, each with the same rugged expression and harsh jaw. Though, they almost acted like bodyguards.

"My Gamma and Delta, Christopher and Alexander." Kage introduced slyly. "I'm sure you're already acquainted with my Beta, Crew."

"My beta, Gabriel, My Gamma, Julian and my Delta, Colton." I pointed to each of them as I said their names, the four of us standing equally in a line.

"No Luna?" He asked, eyes darting.

"She's... otherwise engaged." I shrugged, "I should ask you the same thing."

His brows furrowed, obviously choosing not to reply. "So, state your case. We were told you are coming to surrender?"

I snorted, "We aren't here to surrender, We are here to talk."

At that moment, I realised just how transparent Kage was. I'm not sure what he expected me to say, but it certainly wasn't that.

"Talk to me about what's going on Kage. We don't need to fight, and we certainly don't need a war. We can work this out." I proposed.

His face hardened, "I think you're extremely stupid Orion. Unless you can give us what we want, then nothing will be changed. We will go to war, and we will fight."

"Then tell us what you want Kage, you can't get anything unless you start talking," I rolled my eyes. This guy calling me stupid when he couldn't even say what he wants.

"I want Pax," Kage stated. "I want to be put in as the Alpha and have my rogue members move here."

I raised an eyebrow, who did this guy think he was? "Look, that's not an option. The issue is, you all became rogues for a reason, whether or not it was your own actions, your own choice or your academic results in the Tournament. Either way, you don't have the training for an Alpha position."

"Though I have Gamma training, and I grew up in a high family if you've forgotten. I have the ideas and I have the knowledge. I just need you and the other Alpha's to agree. I can't do anything unless you agree." He argued.

"Then you have the ability to become a Gamma of Artium? The training for each pack is different Kage, I can't in good knowledge allow you to take over."

I was spouting out pure and utter bullshit. But I needed to stall and I needed to make time. I suppose challenging his ego was the easiest way to keep him going.