Chapter Three

I had just made omelettes, they were easy and I had access to the ingredients. 

I had found my room as well, I just found the one that didn't have any bags on the bed or clothes in the closet. I had folded away my clothes, as well as make my bed with the sheets I had packed. I placed a framed photo of my parents and I from when I was younger on the bedside table. It was just the three of us, right before we had left France.

The moment I'd finished washing up, the door opened up. Valeria walked in, quickly pulling off her leather jacket and placing it on the table.

She looked up at me, "Hey, you never came down for dinner? We were watching for you,"

I looked down in embarrassment, "Oh, sorry. Once I'd finished, I thought it would be too late to come down."

"Well, next time don't worry. It's all self serve." Valeria said warmly, coming over and standing next to me, "You have eaten right?"

I nodded, "Yeah I'm just washing up-" I paused, noticing Magnolia. She looked shell shocked, her hair messy as she sat down on the couch, 'What's wrong, what happened?"

Valeria smirked, "You missed quite a debacle during dinner. Once it happened, we tried to keep it on the down-low once we realised what was happening, but alas."

I placed the tea-towel down on the counter, "What on earth do you mean?"

Suddenly, as if on cue, the door flung open, Ivy throwing herself against the back of it and sliding down until she reached the floor.

"I can't believe I found him," She sighed dreamily.

"Your mate? Did you find your mate?" I asked urgently completely turning and leaning myself against the kitchen counter.

"Lia too," Valeria confirmed. "They weren't the only ones, of course, but considering..."

My mind was in a whirl, "Please explain."

"I just went and sat with my mate, nothing too harmful. It just so happened that their mates happened to be sitting with mine." Valeria said all too casually.

"I'm mated to a Gamma!" Ivy squealed,

"I'm mated to a Beta!" Magnolia choked out, looking as if she was trying to convince herself that this was all a dream.

"Oh my god." Was all I could say in response, "What are the odds?"

"Honestly, it's extremely common to find your mate on the first day of the Placing Tournament, there are so many people here its a wonder that not everyone walked out with a mate." Valeria grinned.

"He's going to make me quit!" Magnolia murmured, "That's what he said, that I have to go into intended!"

I went over and sat next to her, "You don't have too, in the end, it's your choice."

Valeria had a sharp intake of breath, "I mean if you can persuade Alpha Samael. The thing with Vindex is that we're the largest pack. We have a lot of wolves and having inexperienced leaders is tricky. It would be easier for you to just come to intended. I'm sure that if you ask Gabriel really nicely, in fact, you don't even have to be nice, he can make sure that painting is incorporated into the program. Even make it a final exam."

Magnolia, still in shock, nodded, "Can he really? Do that I mean,"

Valeria shrugged, "I don't see why not."

She shakily stood up, "What's his room number? I need to go talk to him before he goes to the Alpha,"

"25, floor 50-" Valeria didn't even have time to finish before Magnolia was gone, pushing Ivy out of the way and flying out into the hallway.