Chapter Twenty Seven

I exited through the doorway, immediately seeing the others huddling in a group. I sped over to them, huddling myself in between them.

"Hi," I breathed out.

"Hey, what did she want?" Lia asked,

I paused, "She just wanted to offer her congratulations privately."

She nodded, "We were just discussing when we're going to leave,"

I raised an eyebrow, "I'm guessing as soon as possible?"

A sheepish look came over their face,

Val spoke up, "It's a really long run, and considering the fact that it's all of us... Vindex has, basically a party for everyone to celebrate and we can't miss it, that's why you see barely any Vindex members around, most leave the moment the ceremony ends. Plus there are family things..."

"So basically, what your trying to say is, 'let's do our goodbyes because we really need to go'?" I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

I saw Val let out a sigh, "Yeah..."

I felt the back of my eyes burn, most likely going red. 'Then I think I should probably say my goodbyes."

Ivy was closest, so I hugged her first. Wrapping my arms around her tightly as I said my goodbye. Followed by Lia, Val, Colton, Julian and then Gabe. I knew that it wasn't really our final goodbye, I mean, I would be seeing them again in less than a week.

But they didn't know, and that much was evident.

I finally got to Orion, hesitating before wrapping my arms around him in the exact same way that I had done with the other three boys.

"I'll see you soon," He whispered under his breath.

"Three days," I breathed, "I'll be there," My voice was so quiet I was doubt even Orion could hear. But I let go and immediately turning back to face the others.

"I promise I'll come and visit," I said, "Or maybe you'll need to come and visit me, who knows what my schedule will be like,"

"We'll work something out Allie, don't you worry." Ivy promised warmly, "Now you go to Sanitatem and knock their socks off, I'll expect to see your name on the awards list."

My heart stung, "Something like that,"

I let my eyes glaze over everyone, running my pinky over the rim of my eye. "Well, you guys should probably go, and I need to go back, I only have about 45 minutes until the buses leave."

I swallowed a sob, nodded and turned around, heading back up the pathway and towards the rooms. They were practically empty as I walked myself into the elevator and up through the hallway.

Our dorm room was empty. No blankets on the couch, dishes waiting to be put away, clothes on the floor. I peeked into the other's rooms, completely empty, their beds covered in the beige coloured quilts that had been on the beds when we had first arrived. Clean, empty white furniture and not a speck of dust to be seen.

It felt surreal.

I walked into my room, still the complete mess that I had left it in. I brought my suitcase out of my closet and starting piling in my clothes. The other girls were having their things from both their house and their rooms professionally moved to Vindex as to not waste any time. I was catching the buses back to Silva and then running to Vindex, having my stuff boxed up and sent to Orion's house to make my trip easier.

I knew that cleaners came through and fixed up the buildings after everyone left, so I wasn't too concerned about making it perfect.

Once I had finished packing and triple checked my room and the bathroom, I grabbed onto my suitcase and rushed out of the room, pulling it along with me as I rushed down and out into the fields. I pulled up in front of the bus, handed my suitcase over to the man loading up the trunk and headed up the stairs inside the bus.