Chapter Thirty Four

It was a strange feeling.

I knew it wasn't really supposed to be like this, I mean, usually, I would be experiencing the same thing either after or just before. But I wasn't, and I didn't even know when I would be marked. Though, I knew it would be soon, considering the fact that I had marked Orion.

I pulled back, my canines reclining back into my mouth as I tentatively licked over the area to stop the blood flow. I swung my legs over his body pulling me back to one side. I then practically fell of the bed, stumbling backwards and full coming to terms what I had just done.

I had marked him.

I had marked him!

Oh my goddess, what had I done?

I began to spiral, I shouldn't have done that. I quietly walked around to the other side of the bed, careful not to be too loud as I went to try and sneak a glance at the mark. It wasn't anything special, two indents in his skin that looked particularly darker than what it had been before. Though the skin still looked smooth, the area around it seemed to be a red colour. I knew that would fade with time.

I staggered back, opening up the door.

Everyone was standing there, the doctor, Gloria and Daniel and then all of the others, Lia and Ivy obviously managing to sneak their way here while I had been in the room.

"I did it," I bit out, not being able to say anything other than that.

The doctor nodded his head, slightly surprised, "I'll go and check on his vitals, thank you, Ms Althea for agreeing."

I watched as he walked past me, heading straight to Orion's bedside. I looked at him before glancing back to everyone in the hallway.

"I think I'm going to stay with him- if that's alright," I said, pointing my finger behind him.

Gloria smiled knowingly, "Of course love, we'll all come back and visit later, let you stay with him alone for a while."

I felt my tongue go dry, simply nodding and turning back into the room, closing the door behind me. I didn't want to sit on the bed while the doctor was working, so I opted for the small seat on the side of the bed. I sat down quietly, making sure not to distract the doctor in anyway.

His head looked up towards me, "He's already made considerable improvement." He spared a glance around the room, "This floor is for the use of the High Familes only, this is the Alpha and Luna's personal hospital room."

I couldn't even reply, my only focus on Orion.

He certainly look better, colour returning to his face and his hair less dripped in sweat. 

The doctor finished up quite quickly, "Should anything serious change, just press that button and either a nurse, myself or another doctor will come in an attend to him. You welcome to stay as long as you like."

"Thank you," I whispered under my breath. I only heard the quiet slam of the door as he exited the room.

I looked around, almost checking as if making sure no one else was in the room. I then climbed over into the bed, almost to scared to go anywhere near Orion. I held myself on the very edge of the bed. It was easily late afternoon, the slow orange glow filtering into the room. I felt my eyes droop, I might as well try and get some sleep.

As I connected my head with the pillow, I still felt tired though the urge to seek had suddenly disappeared.  So I just lied there. I didn't know for how long, keeping a steady glance to make sure Orion wasn't getting any worse. I heard a knock at the door,