Chapter Twelve

"I'm gonna kill him!" Valeria slurred, "I'll grab him by his neck and choke him! He'll be dead!"

Colton, who was sitting beside her on the bed, running his hand over her hair soothingly, "Not until you're cleared, honey,"

She glared at him, "I'm going to kill him!"

He sighed, "Of course you will,"

We were sitting in a makeshift medical office just through the hallway. It ensured that they were able to get medical treatment without taking the fifteen-minute run to the hospital. Colton was sitting on the bed with Valeria while the rest of us were arranged around her. She had been charted in here, her body lying on a clean, white hospital bed, and while every other bed only had about a metre in between each of the other beds, Valeria's had been distanced from the rest, accompanied by long white curtains pulled around the bed for privacy.

Valeria's black hair had been taken out of its ponytail, a bruise blooming around her eye, the yellowish-green colour standing out harshly against her brown skin. Sometime in the time between Valeria getting in and us arriving, she had been changed into a long, green hospital ground, the sleeves ending at her shoulders allowing easy access to her arm for all the iv drips that were currently pumping who knows what through her system.

Julian looked up at the clock, "I've only got fifteen more minutes until my next fight, we're going into rounds of two's now."

Valeria, who was extremely drugged up, pointed to Julian, "You go, go and beat them up! You win," She slowly moved her finger all around the room, "You all have to win! Def- Def- Defend my honour!"

Colton looked at us, "I've already pulled out, but you guys are welcome to go and keep playing. I know she's drugged up, but Valeria truly does want you to keep going. At least I assume so,"

Valeria nodded solemnly, her head lolling backwards, her eyes flicking back and forth behind her eyelids.

"And I want you to watch, I know you've been looking forward to watching this for a while,"  Valeria slurred, tilting her head towards us. "Even you Althea,"

"Valeria, we can't leave you here-" I started,

"Go! You gotta watch them and make sure that they win!"

I sighed, "Alright, yeah we can do that,"

Valeria smiled and giggled, her fingers flexing, letting the cords wrap around her before undoing them with a fixated look.

"Goddess she's so high," Ivy whispered in disbelief,

I snorted, "You're not wrong there."

--------------------------------

We were back sitting on the chairs, watching another fight happen. Valeria had shoved us out of her room, so now we were back here.

Orion, Julian and Gabriel were sitting with us, no longer needing to be waiting out the back. The three of them knew exactly when they would need to go on, so when the time came, it would be easier to just go up from here then wait out the back.

The fight ended and Alpha Graves went up onto the arena, announcing a fifteen-minute break. We had just chosen to stay seated and chat.

"Althea! How are you?"

I turned around, "Crew! Hi! Sorry, one sec,"

I stood up and came around. Crew pulled his arms around me, picking me up off the ground, embracing me into a tight hug and then placing me carefully back onto the floor. 

"I'm good, are you ok? You've been doing quite well, I've been watching," I asked carefully, taking a step back.

He placed his hands in his pockets, "I'm alright, and have you really? I've got another one of my fights next, right after this break-"