Chapter Forty Three

None of us wasted any time. I sighed, like we had the minutes to spare anyway. I pressed a kiss to Orion's cheek before starting to shed my clothes from my body, letting my body shift as the wind started to flutter through my fur. 

We split in half, each of us standing in two groups ready to go.

Ivy looked at her watch, "Alright, all the guards have been moved from the sections of the border where you guys want to exit. Try and be as quick as possible."

To say that we were anxious would be an understatement. I could feel my head spinning with a range of thoughts.

I gave Ivy a small signal before turning to Val and Lia. I gave them a nod before started running. We were almost essentially crossing through Artium to get through. There were places in the Pax border that Ivy had just organised to be cleared from the routinely patrols. It was important that Val, Lia and I were able to get through practically undetected. However, it was more important that no one saw us leave, or rather, who was leaving with us.

As I ran, I spared a passing glance to Orion, Colton, Julian and Gabe who had just started to run in the complete opposite direction. I didn't stop, but I felt my heart skip a beat. 

We kept going, not once stopping. We had already figured out everything, the direct way we needed to run, where we needed to get in and the best way to get out without causing a scandal, or anyone finding out.

Attached around Val's neck was a small bag. Inside that bag was a range of sedating drugs and gas. We needed her out stone cold, and I certainly didn't feel like physically hurting anyone. 

I could feel the shift in the air when I crossed the border, but the familiar Pax borders made all of this feel much more real. Regardless of the time, it seemed that the pack had been completely empty. Though, it would make sense. If I lived in Pax during... all of this, I would be staying home. In fact, I would refuse to leave the house.

We started to slow down, essentially crawling along the floor as we tried to get into position. I laid against the floor, carefully watching the side of the packhouse, exactly where Audrey would be about to open up the door.

It didn't take long. I watched as the door slowly opened, revealing Luna Audrey with a mysterious look on her face. She was dressed differently, her usually unbound hair was pulled back in a tight bun. It was strange to see her without a perfectly fitted dress and a string of pearls around her neck. Instead, she was in a pair of thin, tight pants and a professional yet athletic shirt. 

Someone was ready to go.

She spared a look forward. Whether or not she saw us was another thing. In her hands was a cardboard box. Audrey dropped it down, fixing it against the wall, keeping it secure before straightening her back and shaking her hands. She then disappeared behind the door, heading back into the long corridor that linked onto the doorway.

I waited a moment before signalling to the others, quickly shifting and adjusting myself to the cool breeze that washed over my body. The others were equally as quick, completely prepared.

"Let's go. We know what to do,"

Within the box that Audrey had left on the floor were three uniforms. I almost immediately recognised it as the uniforms that the Pax maids would wear. I would guess that Kage had brought on more people to look after the house since he had taken over. Though I highly doubted that he was paying his employees very much at all. The three of us quickly donned the uniforms, adjusting the black dresses and tucking my hair into the white cap that I was pulling onto the top of my head.

I was walking in front, carefully examining the room and keeping my walking light as I treaded through the hallway. It then opened up into a much larger room, slowly starting to move into the open areas and other entrances. Audrey had told us everything we needed to know, left a box of maids uniforms for us to change into.