LEGACIES|THREE

🛏

"YOU'VE BEEN SLEEPING TOO LONG, WAKE UP ALREADY!"

the blonde girl stood quietly with her drink, tiredly. "emily honey, go talk to the others." her mother said, urging her to talk. "look, there is cinderella's daughters, ariel's daughter, and belle's daughter. go talk to them."

"ok." emily just slowly walked over, wearing a pink dress. they were talking, and she didn't want to interrupt, so she slowly turned her back to walk away, but bumped into someone. "i'm sorry." she kept her head down.

"it's fine." she recognized that voice. she looked up, "hayden?"

"emily!" he said back, picking her up in a hug and spinning her around.

"wow i haven't seen you in, what, 4 years already." emily smiled.

"yeah, back then i had terrible acne." hayden laughed, making emily laugh too.

"yeah it's cleared up, but you're still not the 'handsomest' in the land." emily teased, then someone tapped her on the shoulder.

she turned and it was the daughter of belle. "sorry to interrupt, i was just wondering if you'd like to dance. if that's alright?" annie asked nervously to hayden.

hayden looked at emily, not really knowing what to do. "dude, a cute girl just asked you to dance. what are you doing? go!" she tried to hype him up, which worked and he held out his hand, and annie took it as he guided them to the dance floor.

emily took in a deep breath, and turned around, facing the daughters of cinderella. "hey." they said to her, and she froze.

remembering what she said to hayden, she replied, "hi."

mackenzie smiled at her, "you're the daughter of?-" mackenzie stopped, not knowing.

"aurora." emily helped, "i'm emily." she extended her hand, which mackenzie gladly shook.

"mackenzie. and this is my sister maddie." emily then shook maddie's hand. "you're friends with snow white's son?" mackenzie asked, pointing to the curly haired boy who was looking at emily for a signal of guidance.

emily turned, and just mouthed to him just keep dancing and then turned back to the sisters. "yeah, ever since we were about 4 i believe." emily said, then turned her head to see her old best friend dancing, she then looked back at the sisters, fiddling with her own fingers nervously, "this is the first time he's talked to a girl besides me, i think. no one wanted to date him back at prep intermediate school. we were awkward and had terrible acne."

"really? you two?" maddie asked, not believing it. "you two have the most cleared skin out there. what's your secret?" maddie asked, intrigued.

emily giggled a bit, "sleep." she answered truthfully. "i am my mother's daughter after all. sleep is the secret."

then the bell ring again, earning their attention. "when i say your name, please come up." lumière said, then opened the scroll of paper. "princess mackenzie and madison!" the two sisters held their dresses as they walked up the steps. the servant beside lumière handed them the tray, which held two pins. one had a glass slipper, the other had the carriage. the two took the pins, and went off to the side. "princess julianna!" annie was startled.

"me?" she mumbled, then let go of hayden's arm and lifted her dress as she walked up. her hair was just like her mother's hair used to be. half up, half down. the servant handed her a different tray, this time with a pin tag had a red rose. she took it, then went to the side.

"princess emily!" emily walked up, her awareness of everyone was getting to her. she didn't like the attention. like the others, the servant handed her a tray with a pin, this one had a spindle. emily took the pin with her shaking hands, then joined the others on the side. "prince hayden!" he went up, and same thing—a pin. this one had a poison apple. "princess nadia!" she went up, fixing a shell in her hair on the way up. her pin had the shell that had her mother's voice back them. "lastly, prince john and princess lauren!" the siblings went up, arms locked as they walked the steps.

"i swear if it's-" lauren didn't finish her sentence since they were by lumière.

one pin had their mother's tiara and the other had the rapunzel flower their grandma ate to heal herself while pregnant with rapunzel. once they made their place by the others, lumière spoke, "these eight are the chosen ones this year to fulfill their legacies!" loud applause was heard, but they were scared out of their minds.