LEGACIES|NINE

🧞‍♂️

"WHO OWNS A FUCKING TIRGER FOR A PET!"

"mmm, maybe you can help me take off this corse-"

"miss charming, would you like to share your conversation with mr pan?" merryweather asked, putting her glasses down

"no." mackenzie said sarcastically.

"alright then." merryweather continued her lesson, "pick up your wand."

"so what's your parent's real story?" annie asked, smoke coming from her mouth.

"what?" hayden was confused by her questioned.

"like my parents are famous for their love story. all of our parents' stories. but what's the real story? one not told in the books." annie explained, putting her cigarette in the ash tray.

"well, my mother was raped by the eighth dwarf while she was there. the dwarf got kicked away and dopey got quiet because he had to kick my mom in the stomach to get rid of the baby she was carrying." hayden told her, surprising her.

"wow, well um i was conceived before my parents kissed. my mom told me that when she leaned in to kiss him, i placed my hand on his heart through my mom's body or something, and he woke up before she even kissed him because of me." annie said.

hayden got up from the floor, "so, wanna go back to my room?"

"no thank you, have to meet up with a friend." annie said, getting up and fixing her gown, "i'll see you later." she walked away, hayden staring at her as she swayed her hips, purposely intriguing him.

"so, how was the date?" emily asked, walking towards her best friend.

"good." hayden replied, his cheeks redder than a poisoned apple.

emily smiled, sitting down. "come on, it was more than good."

"we're going to the festival next week together." hayden blushed.

"well we should get going to our rooms. curfew is in twenty." emily said, then fixed her gown, pulling over her shawl. "i'll see you in class tomorrow."

emily walked towards the girls' room. she found hers, passing by many rooms.

the room next to hers was lauren and mackenzie's room. they didn't know much about each other and didn't really talk much but saw each other everyday. "bye." mackenzie waved goodbye back to the boy she had just met.

"who's he?" she turned, startled by the sudden voice from her sister who was sitting in the floating chair.

"what are you doing here madison?" mackenzie asked, rolling her eyes as she locked the door.

"exactly what i asked." lauren said, coming from the bathroom. "i thought your room was across the castle." lauren mentioned, looking through her clothes.

"just checking in on my sister." maddie sat up, "from mother and father." she handed a wax sealed envelope to her sister, "it's about, you know." mackenzie nodded, understanding her sister. "bye mackenzie."

"bye madison." they hugged, and madison held her dress up a bit to walk easier

"your sister is a bit, much." lauren joked, struggling to untie her corset.

"you need help?" mackenzie offered. lauren nodded, letting go of the strings, allowing mackenzie to untie it. "these are tricky, and hurt but-" mackenzie finished, pulling the string completely out, "i've been wearing these since i was 11."

"my mother only taught me how to wear these two years ago." lauren said, pulling it off. she ran her hands over the underdress.

"how many do you have?" mackenzie asked, turning around as she started undoing her own corset.

"a lot, most are ones that my mom handed down to me." lauren said, watching how incredibly fast mackenzie undid her corset.

"my favorite one is," mackenzie paused and pulled off the corset, "my gold one."

"gold? like real gold?" lauren was stunned.

mackenzie nodded, "it's for my wedding. my mother made it when i was born. well got it. but i think i'm gonna use it for legacy day."

"i'm gonna go to my brother's room," lauren slipped on a long robe, "need anything before i get back?"

"i'm fine, thank you." mackenzie pulled off the first layer of her gown, "your brother, i haven't seen him around and yet you talk so much of him."

"he, is much. he's a teenage boy after all. almost a man. with hormones and, well you understand. i don't allow him to go anywhere near this room." lauren said, pulling her bag into her shoulder.

"you protecting him from me?" mackenzie joked.

"more like the other way around," lauren chuckled, "he's an ass. excuse my language but he is. he likes to go to the pub, meeting girls and women. he doesn't deserve to know you."

mackenzie laughed, "i'm a big girl lauren. i've met him before too."

"but you've never spent time with him." lauren put her heels on, "i'll be back in 30 minutes."

mackenzie changed into her night gown after showering. combing her hair, she sat in her chair. she stared at her reflection, seeing imperfections. but that's the thing about mirrors. we trust them. maybe they were lying to us. maybe, we don't look like this. it's just what our reflection says we look like.