LEGACIES|FIVE

🍳

"WHO THE FUCK USES A PAN AS A WEAPON?"

"john vincent rider, you come here this instant!" rapunzel yelled, loudly might i add.

johnny jumped off the tree, landing on his feet. he looked up and saw his very angry mother crossing her arms with a frying pan. "yes?" he asked, innocently.

"i told you to clean your room yesterday." rapunzel lectured, "and everyday for the past month."

"but-"

"go john. if it's not spotless by dinner, i'm cutting your curfew short by 5 hours!" rapunzel explained.

"fine!" he ran off to the castle. once he reached his room, he took off his leather jacket and threw it on his desk. he looked around. it was a mess. he started cleaning up, asking the maids to take out the trash after he put it in the buckets. his mother always told him that his room was his area. the maids were told not to clean his room.

"finally you're cleaning. it was disgusting up here." lauren commented, leaning against the doorframe.

"what do you want lauren?" johnny groaned.

"i'm going to the village. need anything?" lauren asked, picking at her nails.

"no, i'm fine." lauren walked away, putting on a scarf to cover up her head.

"mommy! i'm leaving!" lauren said, about to run out.

"hold it there." her mother said, stopping her in her tracks. "where?"

"the village." lauren answered.

"no you're not. not without-"

"mom, i'm not gonna get kidnapped." lauren said, repeatedly.

"you're still taking william with you." rapunzel said, calling over her most trusted guard. "you have until supper. be quick." rapunzel ordered, earning a groan from lauren.

"so, does your mom suspect us?" william asked, pulling up his pants.

lauren scoffed, putting on her shoes, "no." she grabbed her tiara, and put it on. "now let's get back to the castle."

they walked back, lauren giving out food and money on the way—keeping up her royal duties. "you barely made it!" her mother scolded, as lauren entered the castle. "what took so long?"

"met up with a friend." lauren lied, then went to the kitchen to see what was being prepared.

johnny was getting ready for supper. putting his pocket watch back in his pocket as he smoothed out his clothes and made his way down the stairs. "hey dad." he greeted, sitting in his chair as he took a biscuit and ate it.

"john, are you gonna join us for riding after supper?" flynn asked, as he placed a steak on his plate.

"yeah, sure." johnny took another bite of his bread, until someone tapped his shoulder.

"your highness, this came in for you." the servent handed him a letter.

"what is it?" rapunzel asked.

"it's for the legacy school." he said, then met eyes with his sister, "it starts monday."

after supper, lauren and john started packing. "do you really need 17 tiaras?" rapunzel asked lauren.

"no," lauren took another one from the drawer, "18."

"you're going for 9 months-"

"then i need my whole collection!" lauren gasped, gesturing to the servants to pack up the rest of her collection of tiaras and head pieces.