LEGACIES|NINETEEN

🦜

"WHY A PARROT? LIKE IS HE A PIRATE OR WHAT?"

mackenzie couldn't believe her eyes. tears escaped. she heard whispers form the other students. even the boys from the other dorm had come. she immediately waved her hand over lauren's body, making it look like it disappeared into thin air.

"leave!" she yelled, as she stared at the blood spot on the floor. "what happened?" she asked the others who were crying as well.

"hey, i heard someone died. what happened?" they all turned to see johnny jogging towards them. "where's lauren?" he asked, seeing their tear stained face. "what?"

mackenzie uncovered lauren again. johnny gasped, and he dropped down, crying as he saw his dead sister. "lauren! no!" he cried. mackenzie bent down and held him in her arms as they laid against the wall. he cried into her chest as the fairy godmothers and doctors took lauren away, covering her with a white thin fabric as she laid on the flower bed. "no, she can't be gone. please no!" johnny cried heavily. his sister is gone and she's not coming back.

the next few days were the most painful days of their lives. their friend was dead. and for johnny, his sister was dead. his best friend was dead. the whole world was shocked when it was announced. mackenzie couldn't even sleep in her room anymore. it wasn't the same to wake up without lauren.

they all were grieving. the whole school was dismissed to go back to their homes a day ago.

mackenzie stood in her room, looking at herself in the mirror. she wore a black dress, that had an added train that could be taken off with the belt. she paced her tiara on after putting her lace covering over her face. she grabbed her gloves from her bed. she let tears fall as she slipped them on. lauren made them for her. she was learning how to sew and mackenzie asked for them. lauren made a special pair just for her.

mackenzie walked out, followed by her guards as she walked through her castle. she went to the front of the castle, and got into the carriage with her parents and sister. she didn't speak. she hasn't since she's come home.

"this is taking to long." mackenzie thought to herself, then with a wave of her finger the horses started flying them.

"mackenzie!" her mother gasped, holding on tightly to the carriage. mackenzie just read her book as they headed towards the funeral.

they arrived at the same time as the others. once they carriage pulled up to the front, the footmen opened their carriage door, cinderella and prince charming walking out first. maddie came out next, then mackenzie. tears tried to escape but she held them in as they walked up the stairs and towards the church.