LEGACIES|TWENTY SEVEN

🧚🏼

"ANYONE ELSE LOWKEY WANNA BE HER?"

mackenzie poured the last glass into the caldron and then took her blade and sliced her hand open, saying the spell as she squeezed the blood out.

elizabeth watched as the caldron turned all sorts of colors and bubbled as the witch said the spells. lastly, a big puff of smoke indicating it was finished. mackenzie grabbed a towel and cleaned off the blood before elizabeth wrapped her hand up with gauze.

"it's done." mackenzie said, then grabbing a bottle and filling it up. "hopefully this should be enough to wake them." she said, looking around the room.

she picked up her dress as she walked straight towards the casket next to hers. she opened the lid, then placed a tablespoon of the cure in his mouth. she waited a few seconds before his eyes opened, gasping for air. "mackenzie?" johnny gasped, then took mackenzie's hand as he got up. he looked around, confused. "what's happening?" he asked as mackenzie stood in between his knees.

"i'll explain." mackenzie paused, "kiss me." mackenzie placed her lips on his as his hands wrapped around her back.

"something's wrong. what happened?" johnny asked as they pulled away.

mackenzie explained everything, then handed johnny a flask of the cure, and told him to wake up half of the rest of the legacies, and she'd do the other.

she, along with elizabeth, explained to them everything. they were confused, but it all made sense. maddie was revengeful, she was the biological daughter, the first born- and making lauren her first victim was so obvious. lauren wished she would be queen since she was barely a few minutes behind johnny. but she was never like maddie. she loved her brother.

after a few hours of explanation and crying over emily, elizabeth opened a large closet and theh saw their clothes, all dusty but it was theirs. "queen emily kept these clean and every other general soon after as well. for you when you woke up."

mackenzie came out from behind the room divider with her favorite corset and gown. everyone turned towards her since they trusted her and not so much the blonde. "we need to listen to her alright. we may or may not even know if this is true or not. i've been up for the past 17 hours and all i can say is," she paused as she looked around the familiar faces, "we are fucked."

elizabeth guided the legacies down the stairs of the attic and then walked them through the castle. "since you guys last saw this place, the legacy school hasn't been opened since. no one knows. people just believe it was queen emily's vacation spot, but she hadn't ever returned since. we check up on it every few years. make sure no squatters or break ins happen. all your castles back home have been locked up and no one goes in. they're waiting for you."

"what do the people think they are for?" nadia asked.

"the story is that before emily, a waging secret war between the kingdoms happened. she was voted queen and the others were such sore losers that they locked up and left, to never return again." elizabeth explained.

"how about-"

elizabeth knew what nadia was gonna ask, "yes, down there too. your aunts nadia they were the few who remembered but never passed on the knowledge down. the story was somewhat true. but nothing like reality." elizabeth explained, then they turned the corner. their eyes immediately widened at the hall. the hall was lined with painted portraits of the legacies. "this hall is for the royal family and, well since you're all now awake," elizabeth turned around and faced them, "you." they continued down the hall and ended up in front of large white doors.

elizabeth pushed opened the doors, and their eyes were met with many unfamiliar eyes. at least 50 people were watching them. the seemingly loud room quieted once the doors opened.

the legacies stood there, frozen at these unfamiliar people. "who are they?" whispered around the room.

mackenzie pushed herself in front by elizabeth. "who are they?" she asked.

"the legacies have awoken." elizabeth said, then the crowd went silent for a moment before erupting in cheers and smiles.

the legacies stood there, scared. they may have been old enough to be kings and queens, but right now in this scary and unfamiliar time, they just wanted their parents.

mackenzie, even though she felt the same as everyone else, she spoke up to elizabeth, "um what are we doing here? we want to wake our parents." mackenzie said, then put her back behind the crowd and her friends in front of her. "i know we all feel the same way. but right now we have to be the leaders. emily was their leader, it's time we are theirs. like we were meant to be."

"but mackenzie, we were supposed to be the leaders of our people over a century ago. to people we knew. not this whole new kingdom." hayden spoke up. and everyone felt the same. even mackenzie.

"i know hayden. right now that room is full of people we don't know. but somehow, some way, they know us." mackenzie told her friends, not too loud but loud enough for them to hear. she turned back around and then took a deep breath in, "here we go."

a/n- sorry it's been so long i've been so busy and school just started back up so i've barely had time! ik it was a short chapter but it's an update ig! love y'all!

also who isn't currently obsessed w this song bc like all of tiktok is but for a good reason bc it slaps