LEGACIES|EIGHTEEN

🐶

"WHAT HAPPENED TO FAUX FUR?"

annie was sad for her friend. after the brunch, which was practically a butt kissing parade for mackenzie, she followed the red haired princess to the ocean.

nadia stood at the edge of the water, her feet getting splashed. "hey." annie said, announcing her presence as she walked behind nadia. "won't you turn into a mermaid when you touch water?" annie asked.

nadia let out a laugh, making annie smile, "no." she laughed, "i have to tell my body to change. it won't change just after the touch of water. that's crazy." the two laughed. but the laughter died down, "he loves her." she told annie, turning to look at her in the eyes. annie's eyes held sorrow and gave ariel a hug. "i thought he could like me the way i liked him. honestly i told him i loved him and he said it back. now i realize he never meant it."

annie handed her a pastry, "you didn't eat all of brunch." she said. nadia mumbled a quiet thank you and took a bite. "go away." annie said as she put the handkerchief back in the top of her corset. nadia looked at her confused, but then saw annie motion with her eyes.

nadia looked behind her and saw johnny. his hands in his pockets and he looked, somewhat annoyed. "can we talk?" he turned his eyes to annie, then back to nadia, "privately?"

annie looked at nadia, who nodded in approval to go. "what?" she said, rolling her eyes as she turned away from him and started walking towards steps.

he ran up to her to catch up, she didn't seem fazed until he grabbed her wrist, "stop."

nadia looked at him wide eyes, then back at her wrist. he looked down, then immediately let her wrist go after seeing how tight he held it. "speak." she said, climbing up the steps. even the hot steps were no match for her. shes walked through blazing hot sand since she could walk, it was nothing to her.

johnny followed her through the few steps, then followed her as she walked on the deck. "i'm sorry okay." she let out a chuckle, knowing he didn't actually mean it. "seriously?"

they stopped once they were at the end of the deck. johnny almost fell into the ocean. "you know what," nadia pulled off her gown and turned to johnny, who was staring at her butt. she noticed and slapped his cheek, and forcefully hit his head up, making him look at her in the eye, "you're a waste of time." she pushed him into the water.

"nadia!" lauren yelled, running after him. nadia stopped her, "he can't swim good!" lauren said.

"i know." nadia said, then pulled down her slip dress. she jumped in, and threw him forcefully back up on the deck, and sat at the edge of the deck before he could even sit up.

lauren bent down and helped him up as he coughed up water. "the hell nadia!" he yelled, seeing her smiling.

lauren just slapped him, and got up, "i'm gonna get a towel." she said, then walked away.

nadia was putting her dress back on, almost done actually. "how are you so strong?" johnny asked, still trying to process everything.

"when i change, i get stronger. how else do you think my mom saved my dad?" nadia said, as if it was common sense. "have fun. hope you aren't too cold." she walked away, leaving the soaking wet prince at the edge of a dock.

"that was nothing romantic unlike the stories." johnny mumbled to himself, then shook his head, trying to get the water out.

lauren walked into hers and mackenzie's room, seeing one of the princes from the brunch coming out of the bathroom. he blushed and left the room once he saw lauren. "my brother almost drowned because of you." lauren said, as mackenzie came out of the bathroom, only wearing her underwear and a towel wrapped around her body.

"how?" mackenzie asked, with a slight laugh as she took off the towel.

"well-"

lauren was interrupted when hayden and annie bursted in. "oh shit-" hayden immediately turned around.

the girls laughed as mackenzie pulled over her night gown. "you can turn now hay." annie said, pulling her boyfriend back around.

"sorry." hayden apologized to mackenzie.

"it's fine." mackenzie said, then sat on her bed, annie soon joined and sat behind her and started combing mackenzie's hair.

"ooh it's a party!" next to come in was emily and nadia, who quickly jumped on lauren's bed. hayden laid his head on mackenzie's lap as lauren turned on the music. they all talked for hours, being normal teens. not worrying about their kingdoms, their futures, just teens.

"okay, i'm gonna go grab some snacks." mackenzie said, getting up and removing hayden from her lap.

"i'll join." emily said, getting up. she was wearing one of lauren's night gowns, since her corset wasn't very comfortable. they grabbed two small baskets and some glass jars and headed down to the cafe.

they walked out of the girls' building and towards the cafe that was across the legacies' school. "legacy day is coming up." emily said, breaking their silence as they entered the cafe.

"uh i know." mackenzie groaned. cinderella always is in charge. but this year, it's passed onto her daughter, mackenzie. "i've been planning it since the beginning of the year."

"i heard for your mother's first legacy day, she spent over a year and a half planning." emily said, as she put some green apples and caramel into her basket.

mackenzie grabbed some cookies and pastries, as well as filled two large jars of milk. and three others with wine and alcohol. "well, i've always had the perfect legacy day in my mind since i was seven." mackenzie said, checking the baked goods.

emily sniffed the oranges—smelling the beautiful tangy aroma. they were perfect. she grabbed two and went over to mackenzie, who was finished already. "oh, and-" emily said, moving beside mackenzie and took two chocolate bars, "chocolate." mackenzie laughed and they headed out, leaving their gold coins as pay.

as they made it to their floor, they heard the emergency ringing. they saw the fairy godmothers all rush towards the direction mackenzie's dorm was. emily and mackenzie looked at each other worried, then sprinted towards the fairy godmothers as other princesses, who were awoken by the rings, followed.

"oh my god!" mackenzie yelled, seeing the dead body that was in the middle of the hallway, where everyone could see. it was her. lauren.