LEGACIES|TWENTY ONE

🎩

"WE'RE ALL MAD

"WE'RE ALL MAD."

mackenzie dropped the paper and informed everyone else, who all went into panic. along with the staff. the whole castle went into panic. but mackenzie ordered everyone to stay quiet. the public must not know. it would cause too much of a panic. that this murder wants to kill the monarchy.

there was more to the note as well. on the back, as mackenzie read the short ps she felt a shiver crawl down her spine.

ps. mackenzie, i wish that coma lasted longer like i planned. should've added more poison. xo, lauren's gone and the monarchy's in a rage. hope to see you kept your sage.

sage? mackenzie immediately knew. "it's a witch." she said, in a whisper but the whole room quieted down.

"what?" johnny asked, shocked.

mackenzie stood up, and started pacing, "my coma, it was supposed to keep me asleep for longer. i never drink the full amount when testing. if i did. i wouldn't have woken up at all. not even true loves kiss could've saved me." mackenzie explained, "they pinned it on johnny. since at the time he was the only one who knew. which them turned me against him. the whole drama was a ruse. so they could- oh god." she sat back down when she realized, "so they could kill her."

everyone sat there like statues. it all made sense. little did they know, the killer was watching them wide out in the open where everyone could see them.

mackenzie couldn't stop pacing as she tried to figure out a way to track the note where it came from. but it was spelled. a witch? maybe. she couldn't sleep. no one could. the castle was on high alert and the littlest thing could top them off. the castle was guarded. and yet the killer was already inside. since the beginning.

"a spelled note? REALLY! it's like they're playing with me." mackenzie yelled, pacing in her room. they had added five new food testers to each of the "legacies" staff. instead of four, it was now nine food testers for each legacy. not to mention mackenzie would smell and try to see herself before the food hits the legacy's mouth.

mackenzie had put a protection spell on them. she didn't know if it worked. no way to tell unless, they hit again. "my love, rest." johnny said, pulling her to bed.

mackenzie couldn't even think about resting. the legacies were in danger. she was in danger. johnny was in danger. "john. not now." she pulled herself back up and went back to work.

"there's nothing you can possibly be do more of my love. you're not in charge of all the kingdoms..." johnny continued talking but mackenzie knew what she had to do. "what?" he knew that look on her face.

"that's it. i'm gonna become the queen of all the kingdoms."

the idea was crazy. but if she became the queen of all the kingdoms, the legacies were no longer in danger. "you are putting yourself at risk! no! no way!" johnny argued as they stood in the meeting room with the others.

"he's right mackenzie. this person is going to focus on you. it'll be harder to pro-" mackenzie stopped her sister.

"maddie, this means instead of twelve at risk. only one. not just that. we stand as a united front, all our armies as one, all of us as one, we can not just protect ourselves, but prevent future wars and more!" mackenzie explained. the others, unlike jules, hayden, emily, nadia, and johnny, were thinking about it. they'd be safe. their family. their kingdom would be in the right hands. the only thing was mackenzie's life.

"you will get killed. it'll be easier for them to focus on you rather than twelve mackenzie!" emily yelled.

"i have a protection spell. just like you. only i can break it." mackenzie explained.

jules spoke up, "it's untested. we don't know if it works. you practiced on a chipmunk?"

"mouse actually but-" an erupt of WHAT'S and uhhhhh's filled the room. "what matters is, i can protect myself easier than protecting all of us. i'll be safe. i promise."

"this won't be easy, mackenzie. that's over a dozen kingdoms, one under the sea—they won't give you total power." maddie told her sister in a whisper, only so mackenzie could hear.

"i don't need total power. i need them to survive. i need the monarchy to survive." she turned to her sister, "i need you to survive." and she walked away.

a/n supppp how y'all been? anyway i'm completely and utterly obsessed w the 100. best show in this universe. also i'm straight but alycia debnam-carey has a soft spot in my heart forever. if you don't know who she is. here.