LEGACIES|THIRTEEN

📜

"ISNT PAN A MILLION YEARS OLD?"

"uh." mackenzie groaned as her handmaid tightened her corset. she was bent over, grasping into the vanity. "finally you're awake." she said to her roommate who had just woken up.

"you wear those so often, how?" lauren asked, then drank some water. "you must've broken some ribs. your waist is like an hourglass."

"it hurts but you get used to it." mackenzie stood up straight. her handmaid handed her the skirt of the dress. she slipped it on, the long dress had a three foot train with a slit along the right leg. "im meeting my friend." her handmaid helped put on her necklace. "and no it's not your brother."

"good then." lauren got up and wen to the bathroom.

mackenzie saw her handmaid's facial expression, "what, she doesn't like it when i see him." mackenzie papilles down her corset a bit, showing more cleavage. "tell lauren i'll be back after supper with my parents." mackenzie stepped into her white heels as her handmaid strapped them on her her. mackenzie puckered her lips, applying some lipgloss before heading out.

she walked and walked until she reached her horse in the stables. she started petting her, waiting. "you're early." she turned to see john. "let's get going then."

"so prince john, tell me more about yourself." mackenzie told him as they walked along the grassy trail in the garden. she picked a dandelion and took a sniff, "besides the fact that you're hopelessly in love with me."

"im not in love with you." johnny chuckled, "i like you."

"and yet you act like a boy with a crush trying to impress your friends." mackenzie scoffed, "i am a lady. not a girl anymore. i need a man." she threw the dandelion at him, "now are you a man or a boy playing games?"

"you'll have to see." he leaned in, but she turned away and started walking away. "you're the one playing a game."

mackenzie smirked, "i told you, i don't kiss boys." she had her hands behind her back as she walked around the garden. "now, tell me about yourself. i'd like to know you."

johnny admired the princess. "me and my sister, as much as i can hate her and dislike her, i love her and she's my best friend."

"she says you're a toad." mackenzie laughed, smelling all the flowers, "but i know you two are close. now tell me about you. not you and lauren. just you." mackenzie giggled, twirling around.

johnny pulled out an arrow, "i made this when i was eight from a piece of wood i found in my parents' bedroom fireplace. i keep it with me because it's my good luck charm. i've whittled since i could remember. it's a passion of mine." mackenzie smiles, touching the arrow.

"so smooth, the sides are perfectly sharpened. so straight as well." she held the arrow, putting her finger at the tip, feeling it pierce her skin. she gasped, taking her finger off. "that is sharp."

"ouch, you ok?" johnny asked.

mackenzie laughed, taking out a handkerchief she hid in in her corset then wiping off the blood. "it was just a prick." mackenzie laughed, then put her handkerchief away, "not bad for an eight year old i suppose." mackenzie bent down towards a rose bud, "watch this." mackenzie moved her hands slightly and the bud magically bloomed.

"how'd you?" johnny was confused.

"i'm a witch." mackenzie smirked.

"wait so you're a witch. not a fairy or anything, but like an actual witch?" johnny asked, and mackenzie nodded.

"my parents lost a baby girl, born stillborn. a 16 year old maid gave birth that same night. she was gonna abandon the baby anyway. so the king and queen, my parents, took the baby and said it was the princess." she turned towards johnny, "me."

"then how are you to be queen?" johnny asked her.

"prince john, the world doesn't know that." mackenzie put her hand on his shoulder, "only my family knows. my mother, father, and sister."

"what about the servant girl?" johnny asked.

"she died after she gave birth to me." johnny started feeling intense pain in his brain, "oh and if you are to speak a word about this-" he fell onto the ground, screaming in pain, "i will have no problem killing you."