LEGACIES|ELEVEN

👩🏻‍🦰

"I DONT WANNA FUCKING BUILD A SNOWMAN IN SUMMER!"

mackenzie tightened her corset as tight as possible, almost breaking her ribs. it was the day before the annual ball of legacy. where the royal princesses introduce themselves into society. it's something all girls look forward to since they were children. "your highness, this is as tight as i can go without hurting you more." her handmaid told her.

"thank you emma." mackenzie said, putting her hands on her own hips as she turned around. "do you think this dress is the best for the ball? this is my one true shot to have a future besides my kingdom!"

"mackenzie!" her mother yelled, earning her attention, "emma, josie, may you please leave."

"yes your majesty." they said, curtsying as they walked out of the room, closing the door behind them. "why are you yelling at emma." cinderella asked, crossing her arms.

"i'm sorry mother." mackenzie apologized, "it's been stressful."

"that doesn't mean you take it out on her. she's helping you get ready for tomorrow." cinderella sighed, "i understand this is stressful. but you will succeed my darling."

"i did." madison joined in. cinderella just noticed her laying on the sofa while reading a book. licking her finger, she flipped the page. "i now have access to so many people and secrets." she looked up from her book and towards her sister, "ones you'll need when you rule my sister."

mackenzie felt like her throat closed. she was even more scared. she needed to be the one who stood out the most. she needed to be outstanding. "i need another dress!"

lauren placed her tiara on top of her head. she combed her fingers through her hair as she looked at herself in the mirror. she grabbed her lip gloss and put it on, puckering her lips afterwards. "you look pretty, my sister." johnny said, placing his hands on her shoulders.

lauren put her hand on top of his, "what do you want?"

johnny chuckled, taking his hands off of her shoulders and walked around her. he eyed the other girls in the room—others whom were in the ball as well. "just eyeing the princesses of course."

"shut up you perv!" lauren yelled in a whisper, hitting his arm. he started laughing. she grabbed his arm forcefully and pulled him down so his ear was next to her lips. with her other hand she grabbed his ear and started pulling, "you better not ruin this day like you did every other legacy ball for the past 5 years. i know you love to bring home those crying princesses and have them in bed but this year, is my year you shit head." she let go, "leave. you will wait with father outside." he left.

outside in the ballroom fairy godmother was ordering everyone around with the decorations and food. it was hectic to say the least.

emma was running through all the preparations and towards the dressing room with a 32 pound ball gown mackenzie ordered last minute. "your majesty!" emma called out, seeking the attention of her princess. "where shall i put your dress?"

"shh." mackenzie pulled emma to the side, "my mother cannot know of this dress emma. she will kill me if she knew the hell i brought to the sewers in paris."

"it's almost time girls! put on your dresses!" fairy godmother said.

mackenzie dishes emma towards one of the dressing rooms. mackenzie pulled off her robe, revealing a light beige underdress. "how many layers emily?" mackenzie asked as emily took the dress out of the garment bag.

"a lot your highness. get ready."

after 2 or more hours, everyone was ready. mackenzie's gown took the whole 2 hours. as well as her touch ups with her hair and makeup. "princess mackenzie, you're the last one." fairy godmother said, knocking on the dressing room door.

"i'm coming!" mackenzie yelled, then emma got out of mackenzie's dress after putting on her shoes. "done?" mackenzie asked emma who nodded. emma opened the dressing room door, "im ready."

"absolutely stunning princess." fairy godmother said, smiling.

"thank you fairy godmother." emma held the end of her gown as mackenzie picked it up from the front as they started walking towards the staircase.

"sorry for the delay," fairy godmother said, returning to her stand, "lastly, from france, daughter of cinderella, princess mackenzie!"

mackenzies gown shocked everyone. it's tradition to wear the color your mother or father were known for. such as blue for mackenzie. but instead, she wore gold. a color no one else wore. she was smart. she did stand out and in a good way.

"escorted by prince john, son of rapunzel." everyone was shocked, including mackenzie. she thought someone else was her escort, someone her mother picked.

mackenzie walked down, meeting prince john at the end of the stairs. "what are you doing here?" mackenzie asked in a whisper as she took his hand. he guided them out to the ball room where they were to dance.

"your mother chose me." johnnh told her, as they started dancing, "shocking right?"

"how do you know this dance?" mackenzie asked him, staring into his eyes.

"don't think i never came to all the rehearsals for my sister." he placed his hand on her waist, pulling her in slightly, "i pick up on things easily."

the way he danced with her, she didn't know it then but that's the day their story started.

a/n heyyyyyyy!!!
this was inspired by the vampire diaries! the episode of miss mystic falls when damon save elena from embarrassment. one of my favorites!