Mullas humilation

Kathir is home very late that night. He tries to stay out as late as possible hoping she would be asleep by the time he goes into the room. Wasn't that what he promised her yesterday? When he goes in he finds a sullen faced mullai sitting in the bed. She looks up nervously when he gets in. He is confused. Why is she still awake and why does she look so nervous.?

He doesn't say anything but just tries to take his mat hoping to avoid any drama before sleep. He really wants to avoid it today. Moorthy had still been angry at him in the shop today. He had finally opened up to jeeva about what had really happened in the that night. He really did not  want to tell the others.  A part of it was that he knew they would be upset with mullai but a part of him also felt humiliated to admit that his wife it seemed weird to even think of her that way was scared to stay alone with him. Her apology yesterday had been nice but still she had said she was scared of him. To him it meant she did not trust him.

Mulla who had been waiting for him for hours had sort of worked herself up to a state of panic. Her lack of sleep and general frustrations amped up the situation a lot more.

M- Enaku pesanum..

K- Late aiduchu.. Nalaiku pesalama?

M in anger- Enaku ipave pesanum. Inga okarunga

Kathir is startled at this vehemence. He sits down in bed next to her.

M- Unglukaga manikannaka wait panren.

K- Na than nethiye sonene mudija alavu un kanla padama iruken nu. Athan late ah vanthen..

M- Na nethi sola vanthathu vera. Neega purijukitathu thapu..

K- Ena sola vantha..

M- Nama rendu perum serthu nama vazhakaiya armbikalam nu sola vanthen.

Kathir stares at her stunned for several seconds unable to speak. Whatever he expected to say it was not this. She had just told him a day ago that she would rather die than be in the same room with him where was this even coming from?

K- Apidina.. Purila...

M irritated- Purushan pondattiya vazhalam nu solren..

Kathir just looks berwileded

K- Athu.. Nee.. Ena thideernu..

M- Evlo naal ipidiye irukarthu. Aduthatha paathu thane aaganum. Pidichalaum pidikalanalum ithu thane vazhkai.

Kathir feels insulted. She was basically telling him though she did not like him she would accept this life with no other choice.

K- Enaku antha mathri virupam elam ila.

He gets up leave mulla tries to stop him by holding his hand.

M- irunga na pesartha kelunga..

He tugs his hand off

K- Enaku thukam varuthu..

Upset with him and feeling that she is left with no other choice she gets up tries and hugs him knowing full well she would rebuked. He pushes her away .

K- Ey ena??

Feeling more frustrated than ever she doesn't answer but comes up to him and tries to kiss him. He backs away.

K- Unaku kiruku pudichurcha?? Ena Panara..

Mulla stands there ashamed but determined. She knows what she did was not the right choice but now that she had attempted it there was no backing away. She had just risked it all and been rejected quite humiliatingly. She had to somehow convince him now. There was no other way to get past this rejection. Her pride is on the line now.

M- Neega ena purushan thane. Epidiyum ithalam nadathu thane aaganum.

K- Una enaku pidikaveilagaren. Ithula ithu veraya.

That hurts her.

M- Enakum onum Unga mela aasala vanthudula. Ana oorla athana perum aasyoda tha pondatiya thodrangalkum. Athelam thana nadakarthu thane.

Kathirs pride is hurt. How can she insult him and try to come on to him at the same time. He wants to hurt her now as much as she hurts him.

K- Namaklla nadakathu.. Pidikatha ponalam Enala apidi paka mudiyathu.

M- Evlo naal than ipiye irukarthu. Epidiyum Oru naal neega kita vara tha poringa. Athan ipave mudichuta Unga mela bayam koriyum ila.

K- Loosu mathri pesara. Na epavume vara maten unkita.. una paathale verupu tha varum.. Nee neikara mathri neipalam Enaku varave varathu..