- Why - Zion Kuwonu -

————

————

Y/N was drunkly stumbling around a local Los Angeles party. She had a red solo cup that was almost empty in her hand. The cup flew out of her hand when someone ran into her.

"My bad," A tall blonde guy helped her back up, "That was my fault."

Y/N stared at him blankly. "Why is everything spinning?" She asked herself.

Y/N ignored the man and kept stumbling around. She didn't know where she was going, but she had somewhere to be she believed.

Someone grabbed her shoulders as she was about to fall down again. "Woah." Y/N looked up and saw a blurry version of Zion. Her ex.

"Why you walking around. Where your friends?" Zion asked as he held her up. He guided her over to a seat and sat her down.

Y/N looked around the crowd, making her nauseous. "I don't know where they are." Everything in Y/N's mind was going in slow motion. Even her words came out slow.

"Y/N you're so drunk," Zion kept looking around for the friends Y/N used to hang around when they were together.

"Let me take you home," Zion crouched down to look at Y/N. She looked at him again and was reminded of the breakup.

"No," Y/N moved away from him. "No. You broke up with me. For no reason."

"Y/N please don't do this here," Zion shook his head. Y/N tried to stand up, but fell back down.

"Why are you even helping me. It's not like you loved me," Y/N spat out. Zion lightly grabbed her wrist and said, "Please. Just let me take you home. If you want to talk there, then fine."

Y/N still sat there angry. "Please?" Zion asked again.

Y/N nodded her head and Zion grabbed her to stand up. "You got your keys and stuff?"

"Yea. They're in my purse," Y/N grabbed the purse that was strapped around her torso and shoulder.

The two slowly made it out of the party and into Zion's car. Y/N stared at him from the passenger side of the car.

"You know, you look good," Y/N mumbled. She grabbed her seatbelt, forgetting if Zion strapped her in. "I like your hair like that, pulled back with the hair band." She hiccuped.

"What were you doing out tonight? And why did you get so drunk?" Zion asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

"To numb," hiccup, "the pain."

"What pain?" Zion looked at her funny.

"We broke up a month ago. Shouldn't even say we. You. You broke up with me a month ago," Y/N felt a massive headache coming in. Her stomach felt like it was a washing machine.

"You ain't hurt. But I am," Y/N glared at Zion. After the breakup he acted like it never happened, he was perfectly fine and happy. At least on social media he was.

"Who says I ain't hurting?" Zion leaned back into his seat.

"Your Instagram."

"Everything you see ain't true, Y/N," Zion glanced over at her. Her hair was messed up, some of her makeup was smeared, and her eyes were glossy.

"Sure it ain't," Y/N quickly wiped a tear off of her face. She didn't want Zion to see her cry.

They sat in silence for a while. The only thing you could hear was the sound of tire on pavement.

Until Y/N croaked. "Why?"

"Why, what?" Zion looked confused.

"Why did you breakup with me? You never gave me an explanation. You packed your shit and left."

"You don't need to know," Zion shook his head. He didn't want to hurt her even more.

"Yes, I do." Y/N raised in voice.

"You really want to know?" Zion looked at her.
Y/N nodded her head. Zion pulled up to her house and parked. "I cheated. One night at a party I got too drunk and slept with someone else, and I was too pussy to tell you."

Y/N looked at him mortified. She grabbed the door handle and got out as fast as possible without falling. "Fuck you," She told him before she slammed the car door.

Zion grabbed his temples. He shouldn't have told her. Maybe if he was lucky she wouldn't remember in the morning. But by that look on her face he could that it had scared her even more. Zion watched her walk up to her front porch and open up her door.

Y/N turned around and stared at Zion with tears on her face, black lines running down her cheeks from her mascara. She closed the door as Zion drove away.

————
word count : 791