Chapter Two

After coming from the audition all the girls wanted to do was call their friends so they did.

Kelly and Trey went out to their patio to talk.

"What the hell is he doing in California?" Kelly asked with her hands in her head.

"I don't know." Trey said. "Last I heard he was in Atlanta."

Kelly shook her head. "It looks like Deja is friends with his son already."

"So what we gonna do?" He asked.

Kelly thought for a moment. "Nothing. They're friends. We don't have to see Shawn and Deja's around his son not him."

Trey nodded and continued with their conversation not knowing that Deja was listening the whole time with her window open.

Deja wanted to know what was really going on. Why didn't her parents like Corey's dad and possibly vice versa. She got on the phone with her bestie Brittney to figure some stuff out.

"So they just don't like him? Did they say why!" Brittney asked through their FaceTime call.

Deja spoke while wearing airpods. She didn't want her parents to know she was snooping in their business.

"No, no clear reason that I could hear." Deja said as she researched Corey's dad. "Funny enough it looks like Corey's dad produced my dad's first album."

"Isn't that how your parents met?" She asked. "She was a backup dancer right?"

"Yeah and from what I just found out so was Beyoncé." Deja said after googling around.

"For real?"

"Yeah, it says it was her first gig." She said as she read different articles. "It looks like her and my mom were really close."

"So, what happened?" She asked.

"Doesn't say." Deja said. "Maybe Corey knows."

"Corey? Who that?"

"The boy I met at the audition." She said. "That's his father. He said something happened between his dad and Beyoncé."

"You think that's why your parents aren't fond of him?" Brittney asked.

"Possibly but imma ask Corey if he knows anything. Let me call you back."

"Alright,"

Deja hung up and called Corey.

"What's up?" He answered.

"Can you talk privately?" She asked.

"Uh, hold on." He said.

She heard him shuffling and moving.

"Alright, I'm in my room. What's up?" He asked.

"Okay. So to get straight to the point I don't think our parents like each other." She said.