Chapter Eighteen

A Couple Days Later

Corey had just finished a dance class and was waiting for his ride. Who picked him up was shocking to him but he got in the car anyway.

"So, this is new." Corey said as they drove.

"I know." They said.

"Where are you taking me? I live the other way." He said as they drove and took a wrong turn.

"I know. Just making a stop." They said.

Corey sucked his teeth and sat back. Couldn't do much of anything at this point.

Corey dosed off and woke up to the car door slam. He looked up and saw In and Out food bags.

"Hungry?" He heard.

He nodded and grabbed the bag. "Are you kidnapping me?"

"What? No."

Corey opened the bag and saw his exact meal. He looked at them.

"How did you know what I wanted?" He asked.

"I'm your mother. Why wouldn't I know?" Tiffany said.

Corey shrugged digging through the bag. "Didn't think you paid attention to stuff like that."

Tiffany sighed. "Corey, I know everything about you. I'm sorry."

Corey looked at her surprised.

"I've never tried to hurt you but I'm starting to understand my actions towards other people have hurt you and I'm so sorry." She said.

"What brought this on?" He asked.

"I had a talk with Beyoncé." She said.

Flashback
***
Beyoncé walked through the lobby of the Hilton and went towards the bar.

She didn't want to have a conversation with Tiffany but she had to find a way to help her friend and also Corey. Beyoncé noticed that Corey was getting attached and she didn't mind but he craved a mother's love and she wanted him to have, if he could, from his own mother.

She sat at the bar and ordered a drink.

"Beyoncé." She heard from behind her.

Tiffany sat by her.

"Tiffany." Beyoncé replied.

They sat quietly for a moment.

"So you called?" Tiffany asked wanting to get the conversation over with.

The bartender came over with Beyoncé's drink and she thanked him before turning to Tiffany.

"Two things. My best friend-"

"I had nothing to do with that." Tiffany interrupted.

"-and Corey." She finished.

"What's wrong with Corey?" Tiffany asked.

"Okay, that has you alert. I'll talk about that first." Beyoncé said and took a deep breath. "Okay, first off I'm not judging you. Trust me."

Tiffany looked at her oddly.

"Your son misses and needs you in his life. I'm not sure what's stopping you from being there but you might wanna change that or he's gonna let go of you." She said.

"Why? Because he has you?"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes. "No, because he's sick and tired of your actions."