Chapter Four

Corey answered the phone on the first ring.

"Talk to me." He answered.

"Well it seems that the reason my parents and your dad aren't friends anymore is because your dad is an ass hole" Deja stated.

"My dad isn't a ass hole." Corey argued.

Deja re-told the story that her parents had told her.

Corey couldn't believe the words he was hearing.

"Look, my Aunt Nicole will be in town tomorrow. She was on the tour too. She's staying at our house so after school we will sneak over to my house and ask her about what happened that night." He said.

Corey knew there had to be more to the story. His father wasn't an asshole.

When Deja arrived at school she went in search for Britney. She told Britney about what was happening.

"Who would have thought that Shawn would do something so underhand. I mean that's so shady. No wonder Beyoncé left and moved. I wouldn't want to run into him if he had did something like that to me." Britney said. "Give you my virginity and then get fucked over. Ouch."

The two girls decided to skip their music class and instead went and hid out in the library.

Before school let out that day Kelly got the girls out for early dismissal.

"Where are we going Ma?" Deja asked as her mom drove off.

"We're going to see your grandma's old house. Check on it. Make sure it's up to code."

When Kelly stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few items to fix dinner Deja had that time to call Corey.

"Corey, I'm not going to be able to meet you after school. My mom came and got us and we're going to Oakland for a couple days. You go ahead and talk to Nicole and let me know what she says."

That's the message Corey heard when he got out of dance class.

Corey let himself into the house. He found Nicole stretched out on the sofa watching a talk show.

Nicole was half watching the show as she painted her finger nails.

"Aunt Nicole, can I ask you something?" he asked sitting next to her

"Sure sweetheart, What do you wanna know?"

"The last night of the tour with Trey Songz back in the day, something happen to cause my dad and the Neverson's not to talk anymore. I recently found out that Beyoncé, who was really close to them, over heard you and my mom talking about my dad. I just wanna know what you remember about that night."

Nicole thought back about that night. She thought about how much she would tell him.

*Flashback