Chapter Sixteen

(Continued from Fifteen)

"Aww look at my baby," Beyoncé said taking the boy from the older woman.

"Hi mommy," Ty said sleepily before his head dropped to her shoulder.

"If you kids want something to snack on there's some cheese and crackers and probably some fruit in the frig. I'll be back as soon as I put Ty to bed." Beyoncé said over her shoulder as she left the room.

"They shouldn't want anything. That's all they done today is snack." Gloria joked before saying goodnight and leaving the room.

Beyoncé returned moments later. She asked again if the kids wanted anything but they didn't. Shawn then asked them how their day had went.

"It was a lot of fun. Corey got on this one ride and screamed like a girl then blamed it on me." Angel said with a smile.

"I did not." Corey argued.

"You did too and that reminds me you owe me twenty bucks." She said.

"Why?" he asked looking at the girl as though she had totally lost her mind.

"You said that if I took the blame I could have whatever I want and I want twenty. I don't mind calling Jordin and telling her it was you screaming like a little girl." Angel taunted.

Corey reached into his pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill. "I think they call this blackmail," he said as he gave the money to Angel.

"That's such a nasty word," the girl replied.

"But that's exactly what you're doing," Corey countered.

"True but such a nasty word." Angel said shaking her head sadly.

"And just think you still have all this to look forward to when Ty learns to talk better." Deja said

"Ty wouldn't do that to me. He worships the ground I walk on." Corey boasted.

"Yeah, well so did Angel when we were little. We hit Junior high and her favorite words became Give me or I'm telling mommy," Deja recalled.

Angel smiled and shrugged innocently when everyone looked at her.

"I think it's time everyone head off to bed. We have an early day tomorrow. Nikita and Ray are coming over for breakfast and we're gonna do some last minute shopping. We need to be at the airport at twelve." Beyoncé said.

Corey walked over and hugged his dad and Beyoncé before leaving the room.

Deja watched and for a moment they thought that she might come over and hug them but at the last minute she turned and left the room followed by her sister.

"I think she might be coming around. A couple of days ago she wouldn't have even thought about it." Shawn said standing and pulling Beyoncé up with him.

Beyoncé nodded in agreement before placing a kiss on Shawn's lips. "I'll see you in the morning,"

"I'll be thinking about you." Shawn replied.

They slowly let go of each others hand. Shawn watched until she disappeared down the hallway and into her room before turning and going to the room he was in.

Beyoncé was awakened the next morning by the smell of coffee. She sat up in the bed thinking that Gloria had gotten up early to make breakfast for every one.

She went into the bathroom, brushing her teeth and washing her face and hands before going to help the other woman. Expecting to find Gloria in the kitchen she was shocked to find Deja standing at the kitchen stove stirring eggs.