Chapter Three

A Few Hours Later

Deja and Corey snuck back in school right in time for lunch.

"So what did y'all find out?" Brittney asked. She knew they left so she could cover for them. "Also, is Usher as fine in person?"

"Girl yes, he could be my sugar daddy." Deja said laughing.

"Anyway." Corey said getting back to the point. "He didn't really know much. He could tell something was going on but wasn't sure. He said we should talk to Ty or Angie."

"Which will be easy because Ty is gonna be at the studio later." Deja said smiling.

"We can't leave the house at night." Angel, who was in there to take Algebra, said and Deja rolled her eyes.

"Ty's gonna be at the studio at four. We'll catch the bus to the studio, talk to Ty then I'll take the bus to Brits and have ma and daddy pick me up after their date night." Deja said having her plan all mapped out.

"And how will they know to pick you up?" Angel asked.

"I'll tell them I'm going to Brits after school." Deja said shrugging.

"Gee, I hope someone doesn't accidentally rat you out." Angel said eating a fry.

"Well someone better keep their damn mouth shut." Deja said looking at her younger sister.

"I don't know. I might be able to keep my mouth shut if I'm wearing that Fendi hoodie." She said.

"My hoodie? I haven't even worn it yet."

"The hoodie or I talk." Angel said.

"Well get to flapping them gums cause-"

Brittney pulled Deja away from the table.

"Just let her wear the hoodie. You'll get it back."

Deja rolled her eyes. They went back to the table.

"Okay, Angel you can wear my hoodie but if ma or daddy find out I'm taking my hoodie back and a piece of your ass." Deja said.

****
Songbook Studios

Deja lead Corey to the back hallway of the studio where the offices were. They finally found Ty on the phone. Once he hung up Deja smiled.

"Hey Uncle Ty." She said hugging him.

"Okay, what's this gonna cost me? Money? Car? Get you out of trouble with your parents? Or all three?" He asked.

"None of the above." She said. "This is my friend Corey Carter. Shawn Carter is his dad and we wanna know what happened between our parents."

Ty sighed skeptically. "I'm not sure if I should be saying anything but I really don't know. Everything was fine when we were in New York."

*Flashback

The tour had a stop in New York and they also had a free day in the city. The couples decided to be tourists.

"Where y'all been all day?" Ty asked as he ran into the group in the hotel lobby.

"Where haven't we been?" Trey said.

"We toured around and went shopping until somebody's feet decided to hurt." Shawn said looking at Beyoncé.

She pushed him and laughed. Once everyone settled in for the night they all went to Trey's room with the other dancers and crew.

"Okay, I'm bored." Nicole, the stylist, said. "Let's play truth or dare."