Chapter Eight

Kelly turned looking at Trey. Trey turned away looking nervous.

"So Trey anything you wanna tell me about that night?" Kelly asked.

"Not really." He said quickly.

"So Nicole, you tell me about it." Kelly said crossing her arms across her chest.

Nicole smiled and shook her hair back as she prepared to tell the story.

"So I was gonna go to Tiffany's room but she was with Shawn." Nicole started.

Ashley looked over at Beyoncé who just shook her head.

"You have something to say to me Ashley?" Nicole asked angrily.

"Not a word. Dig your own grave." Ashley replied as Damien wrapped his arm around her.

"Anyway, as I was saying. I was upset about something and I just needed someone to talk to. I may have had a drink or two so I decide to go talk to Trey. I knew he would understand unlike you who would have probably ridiculed me or something." Nicole said to Kelly.

Grant who had been standing watching all of this went to say something but was silenced by a deadly stare from Nicole.

"Anyway, I went to Trey's room. He was there alone he invited me in and he wrapped his arms around me and comforted me. We sat on the bed and talked. He kissed me and I don't remember a lot about that night but the next morning he woke me up and he was shirtless and fresh out of the shower and I was wearing one of his shirts."

***

Shawn and Deja had searched all around the restaurant. They looked up and down the boardwalk.

"Maybe he's on the beach." Deja suggested.

They decide to separate hoping to cover more ground that way. They exchanged phone numbers so that if one found him they could call the other one.

Deja walked for what seemed like a mile when she saw her friend sitting on top of a large rock tossing loose pebbles into the ocean. She sent a text to Shawn to let him know.

"Hey." she said softly when she approached him.

"Hey." he replied skipping rocks.

"Your dad and I have been looking all over for you." She said taking a seat next to him.

"Why?"

"We were worried about you." she said placing her hand on his shoulder.

Shawn came up and you could tell by his heavy breathing that he had ran down the beach.

"Corey, you okay?" He asked.

"I'm just confused a bit"

"I'm going to go over there and give you guys some time alone." Deja said getting up and moving a little ways away from the two.

"Dad, why didn't anyone ever tell me that I wasn't really your son?" He asked.

"We didn't tell you because it didn't matter. For what it's was worth I was and still am your father." Shawn said sitting next to him.

'But don't you feel a little different now that you know you have a child that's really yours?" He asked sadly.

"Are you asking am I happy that I have a daughter? Yes, I am. Are you asking am I going to love her more than you? Then the answer is no. I don't know Deja that well and it will take time to get to know her but at no time will I ever love her more than you. There might come a time when I love you both the same because you both are my children but I will never stop loving you."