Chapter Fourteen

Shawn returned to the apartment about an hour later to find his mom sitting on the couch talking to Kim.

"Any luck?" the ladies asked when he walked in.

"No he gave us the slip, he ducked down some alley and we don't know where he went. We rode around for awhile seeing if we could spot him, went to a couple of clubs hoping to get a glimpse of him some where but we came up empty handed," Shawn sighed.

"Where are Bey and the kids?" he asked looking around the living room.

"They're all in her room." Kimberly replied as she got up saying that she should probably leave and that she would call and check on everyone tomorrow.

Shawn said his good-byes and walked down the hall to Beyoncé's room. The sight he found both broke his heart and brought a smile to his face. Beyoncé was asleep with Deja laying next to her, next to Deja was Ty whose head was on Deja's chest, next to him was Angel, and at the foot of the bed was Corey. The sight brought back memories of talks that he and Bey had. Both had talked about how they wanted a large family.

"Beyoncé," Shawn called softly as he walked up to the bed. Bey raised her head to look at him. He motioned for her to come with him. When Shawn would have awakened Corey to send him to his room Beyoncé stopped him and told him to let him stay where he was. Taking the fleece throw off of the chair near the window she spread it over Corey and placed a kiss to his forehead.

After all the years that they had been married Shawn had never once seen Tiffany do anything like that to the boy. She was always too busy with her career.

Once in the living room they sat down. Gloria came in carrying a tray with coffee and cookies arranged neatly on a plate.

"So what are we gonna do?" she asked quietly as she gave each of them a cup before taking one herself.

Back In The States

Kelly let herself into a quiet house. No music blaring, nobody screaming at the other one that they had taken their favorite shirt. Finally she had some peace and quiet. She missed her babies but she was glad that she had some alone time.

She had three hours that she would have alone until Trey came home planned out to the very last moment.

As she flipped through the mail she had collected from the box on her way in, she listened to the message on her answering machine.

As soon as the message was done she had plans for a big bubble bath upstairs in her garden-style tub but the voice on the machine cleared out any thoughts of a bubble bath.

"Trey, are you there? Oh guess you haven't gotten home yet. I just wanna say that I really enjoyed our lunch together yesterday. I hope that you get this message before Kelly cause I really don't want a jealous wife coming after me."

It was no mistaken the voice of the caller it was Nicole, 'The girl had to be crazy or she was trying to stir up trouble. There was no way Trey had lunch with her especially since the woman was suing his wife.

Kelly thought to herself as she continued up the stairs. Before she made it to the top landing the insistent ringing of the doorbell brought her back downstairs.

Kelly opened the door to find her good friend Ashley standing on the porch.

"Ash, hey what's up girl. You look like you're about to chop someone's head off." Kelly joked.

"Well if this story is true, it's gonna be your husband's head on the chopping block," Ashley replied as she walked pass Kelly into the house waving her phone.