Chapter Seven

Beyoncé walked into the room were Kelly sat folding clothes.

"I have to tell him." She said looking down at her hands.

"Are you sure?" Kelly asked looking at her. "He's gonna be mad when you tell him."

"Yes, I'm sure. He's trying to make friends with Deja and she's not ready to let him get close to her and it's hurting him bad." She said. "As much as I can't stand his ass I have to stop causing him pain.

***
Shawn walked into his house to find Tiffany and Nicole looking through an old photo albums.

"So Shawn, what was so all important that I had to drop everything and come out here to discuss?" Tiffany asked with her arms folded across her chest.

"Where's Corey?" He asked.

"In his room upstairs." Nicole said and Shawn nodded.

"I wanted to be looking you in the face when you tell me why Beyoncé overheard you telling Nicole that we were having sex when we weren't even together." Shawn said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tiffany said playing the victim.

Shawn repeated the story Beyoncé told him about that night in Rhode Island.

"Oh Shawn, there has been a terrible mistake. I wasn't talking about you. I was telling Nicole about Jacob. I don't know how she could have gotten that mixed-up." she said tearfully.

"Why are you crying?" Shawn asked confused.

"Because I feel like it's my fault that your daughter had to spend fourteen years without her father. It's just so unfair and I bet they told her nothing about you. I am so sorry." Tiffany cried as Shawn wrapped his arms around her.

"And how can we be sure that it truly was a misunderstanding?" Nicole said suggestively.

"What do you mean?" Shawn said.

"Look, it's no secret that Beyoncé didn't like me or Tiffany."' Nicole said.

"So are you saying that Beyoncé purposely misunderstood what was said?" Shawn said anger boiling up inside of him.

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Beyoncé isn't the sweet little angel you guys think she is." Nicole said watching Shawn turn into putty in her hands. He was so gullible and Nicole knew exactly how to play him.

"I agree. She started so much mess between Trey and Kelly and she is the reason Kelly doesn't like me and Nicole." Tiffany chimed in.

Shawn turned and walked away.

"Where are you going?" Nicole asked.

"To ask Beyoncé whys she kept my child from me and why she lied about it." He said leaving out the house.

Nicole and Tiffany watched as Shawn left the house. As soon as they heard him drive away they started laughing.

"Girl, you almost had me convinced that you were really crying." Nicole laughed.

"Girl, I know how to work Shawn and Miss Thang is not gonna stand a chance against my "I'm sorry tears." Tiffany said. "Miss me with that shit."

***
Shawn banged on the door until it was yanked open by an angry looking Kelly.

"Shawn Carter, why are you banging on my door at this time of night?"

"I wanna talk to Beyoncé. Where is she?"

"She's getting Ty ready for bed."

"Well call her down here. We need to talk right now!" He said.