Chapter Fifteen

Beyoncé sat with her head on Shawn's shoulder wondering about his question. What about him and her? Was she ready to risk her heart? He had broken it once would he do it again? Would she be able to bounce back from such heart ache again?

Even though the first time her heart was broken it wasn't exactly his fault but he still had married Tiffany instead.

Shawn's pulse raced with just the small action of her head being on his shoulder. He had forgotten how much Beyonce loved to cuddle. She was always cuddling up next to him whenever they sat down to watch tv or just to talk. Tightning his arm around her shoulder, he hoped that she would give him another chance. He knew without a doubt that this time he would do everything he could to make sure he never took her for granted.

The ringing of the phone brought them out of their reverie.

"Let it ring." Shawn said when Beyonce raised her head.

"You know I can't do that, what if it is Trey and Kelly?" Beyoncé said getting up from the sofa and her comfortable spot next to Shawn.

"Hey Kelly!" Beyoncé said answering the telephone after looking at the caller I.D.

"Hey Bey, I was just talking to Angel and she said you guys were planning on coming back to the states tomorrow, What's up?" Kelly asked worriedly.

"It's kind of a long story. I'll tell you about it tomorrow," Bey replied.

Something in Bey's voice clicked in Kelly mind.

"What going on Bey?" Kelly asked seriously.

"It's just that last night while we were out, a photographer kinda startled Deja when he tried getting a picture of Princeton. She was kinda upset and we tried reaching you and Trey but neither one of you answered your phones but don't worry she is okay now and is down at the swimming pool with the others." Beyoncé stated calmly.

Kelly sighed taking a deep breath she was happy that Deja had quickly gotten over the episode but she was mad at Trey, it was all his fault that she had turned her phone off.

"I'm sorry Bey, I was upset with Trey, so I cut off the phone so he couldn't reach me. "Kelly replied remorsefully.

"What's up with you and Trey?" She asked curiously.

Kelly told Beyoncé about the message on the phone and about the post.

"Are you sure that this is real and not one of Nicole's sick jokes?" Beyoncé asked testily.

"I'm not sure of anything right now. All I know is there's a message on my answering machine saying that she enjoyed their lunch and hoped that he would get the message before me. Then Ashley shows up with info she had gotten from a friend," Kelly sighed resting her head in her hand fighting back the sting of tears.

She was so sick of crying. She felt like that was all she had been doing since she had seen the post.

"I just can't believe that Trey would do anything like that. I mean after all the trouble he went through to be with you, I just don't see him throwing it away like that." Beyoncé explained saddened to hear the pain in her best friend's voice.

"I never thought it would happen either but the proof is there." Kelly sighed not really wanting to get into this conversation over the phone.

Beyoncé could sense that Kelly really wasn't up to talking about the subject so she changed it letting her know that she would be moving to the states for at least six months.

"Oh Bey! I'm so happy to hear that. I've missed you so much." Kelly said excitedly.

Beyoncé and Kelly talked for a few more minutes before hanging up.