3| olivia marshall

"i'm the main character."

Hailey's pov:

Hailey's pov:

      How is this possible?

Perhaps Aunt Sierra took a wrong turn on the way to Brick Way, and we ended up in an alternate universe, like Mikey suggested? Well, that's an outrageously ridiculous explanation, and frankly, it's impossible. Maybe it's just a case of the usual celebrity lookalikes, akin to Ed Sheeran and that Ty Jones guy or the cosplayer who met Benedict Cumberbatch at the Multiverse of Madness multimedia event in London.

Now, the real question is: who's the celebrity, and who's the mere lookalike?

I find myself alone at the kitchen counter with a pack of gummy worms in one hand and my phone in the other. My thumb tirelessly continues scrolling through the hundreds of posts on Veronica's Instagram, even though I've been at it for hours. As I stare at her page, she appears to be someone with significant influence, given her sponsored posts with various brands and the flattering comments. I almost choke when my eyes fixate on her follower count. 3 million.

Undoubtedly, she is the celebrity, and I'm just the lookalike.

"Hailey! My professor just uploaded the grades for the test I took today!"

Olivia's sudden scream startles me out of my thoughts. With a hand to my chest, I watch her run into the kitchen with a smile plastered on her face. Annoyed by the sudden intruder, I slowly put down my gummy worms. "You don't have to scream that loudly; the kitchen is right beside the living room, you know."

"Holy shit, this test can literally destroy my GPA. No, I can't do this." She ignores my complaints, hugging her phone to her chest. "Check for me. I just can't."

Reluctantly, I lean off the kitchen counter, making my way towards her ecstatic form standing by the fridge, and I take the phone from her. Lifting the screen to my face, I let my eyes roam round several icons and color charts before they fall on the grade.

Why am I not surprised?

Of course, Olivia's going to do well. She has been excelling since her first year at Crumbs University, despite only attending lectures online. She's the perfect daughter of the Marshalls—the older, smarter, taller, prettier one, the one everyone expects to become the first female president in the US. Meanwhile, I, Hailey Marshall, am just stuck under her shadow. Now, this is where invisibility sucks.

"Come on, Hails. Do you suddenly need glasses? What's my grade?" She questions, her long dark hair bouncing on her shoulders as she starts jumping into the air—yes, jumping. She's also the weird sister. "Your silence is killing me."