15| penelope cruz

"sorry i'm such a shitty daughter."

Hailey's pov:

I'm not an athletic person.

And because of this, my sister has decided to call me a lazy ass. But I bet if she sees me right now, she'll rethink her decision. Sweat beads on my forehead as I race out the bathroom. My chest pounds faster each time my feet hit the ground. It feels like there's a block of marble laying on my chest, cutting my breathing short. My legs wobble, but I don't stop. I keep on moving.

Everything else is blurred out. I barely realize that Mikey's running after me, yelling for me to calm down.

The only thing spiralling through my mind is how fucked up the night has turned. And it's all because of me.

Once I enter the stadium, I'm hit with fresh air, and with that air comes a range of negative emotions. I flip my head around to see Mikey panting beside me. I didn't know he left the bathroom with me, but I'm glad he did.

I frantically look around the stadium. I don't know who I'm looking for. I don't know if I should run to Adam first. Even if I do, I won't know what Veronica would do in a situation like this. And I don't know if I should find Cassie and Penelope first.

"What the fuck, Veronica?" Penelope shrieks.

Well, they found me first.

I itch at my palms as Penelope pushes past several people to get to me. "Where were you? You just missed the game. And Adam's not looking good right now."

A frown forms on my face, watching the angry expression on Penelope. Is it just me, or is she getting a little too worked up about Adam's game? With this thought in mind, I slowly look her up and down as she rambles on about how I've destroyed Adam's life by not showing up. I don't know Penelope that well— actually, I barely know any of Veronica's friends, but this Peepee girl gives me weird vibes, and I'm saying this after comparing her to Cassie.

"Oh, wow, Penny. Alright let's calm down now, and not say things we're not supposed to." Cassie pats her friend's back.

"What?" Penelope, who is taller, glares down at the Asian girl.

"It's just one game, so calm down before you shit your fancy pants. She just missed one game; it's not that big of a deal." Cassie rolls her eyes.

"Just one game? This is the most important high school game that Adam would ever play. This guarantees a scholarship into his dream school, and his girlfriend just missed it, and you're telling me it's not that big of a deal?"

"Penny—"

"No, Cass. Someone has to say these things at times. We can't go on forever buttering her up, and kissing her perfume-scented ass every time she messes up. I mean how hard is it to show up?"