8| boyfriends, boyfriends, boyfriends

"She has what?"

I repeat. "Two boyfriends." A cold douse of shock pours into the room as the words leave my lips. "Adam and Dean."

The two bodyguards turn to give each other puzzled looks. Gabe has his back against the bedroom door, his arms are folded across his big chest that has been covered with a tight-fitting, black top. His round shaped eyes watches his partner as she runs a hand through her curls, before his eyes find me again.

"Who the heck is this Dean?"

"What do you mean two boyfriends?" Dimitri follows with a question.

I hunch my shoulders, equally confused.

"And you're sure he's a boyfriend, not some stupid kid who's trying to live a lame fantasy by following Veronica around even after she rejected him?" Dimitri asks again. When I can't answer, Dimitri palms her forehead, cursing under her breath. "This can't be happening now."

This troubled atmosphere was unperturbed five minutes ago. I texted my sister saying she shouldn't bother picking me up since I would be at the library studying, whereas Gabe and Dimitri picked me up after school. Their plan for the afternoon was to take me to Veronica's home so I could get an idea of what her life is like. But presently, the ginormous, old-money house she lives in doesn't reveal much about Veronica's life, it reveals more of her parents' lives. The school, and the people in it reveals more about Veronica and it even reveals things those who claim they know her don't know.

Currently, we're seated in Veronica's bedroom. Passing by the dozens of maids outside was no problem, I just had to show my face to them, and immediately I was shown to this paradise. Her room is twice as big as Olivia's and I's joined together. There are different sections in this room; her own bathroom, a walk-in closet, a freaking chandelier at the center, the floor-to-ceiling windows that lead to the balcony, which overlooks the pool outside. The clean, wooden floors urge me to take off my socks and walk barefooted, and the queen-sized bed calls me to take a nap. She's living the cliché queen bee life, and I repeat this— I, Hailey Marshall will gladly live her life. However, this recent condition might be the only disadvantage.

Gabe leans off the door, and walks closer to the bed I'm sat on. "If this is true, then that means you didn't write this?" He picks up the letter I handed to him a minute ago.

"Why would I fake a letter? Besides, my handwriting is prettier than that."

Gabe lowers himself to a chair, sitting backwards on it with a frown directed at the letter. "But this doesn't make any sense. Why would she need another one? And how didn't we know of this?"

My eyes move back to Dimitri, who is still standing at the far corner of the massive bedroom. I can see the perturbation as she rubs on her wrists. Squinting my eyes, I notice her caramel skin has been marked with a tattoo. I can't see what it is since her fingers are itching at it. I jolt a little when her eyes suddenly move to me, feeling like I've been caught invading her privacy.

"You said his name was Dean?" She asks.

I sink into the sheets of the canopy bed, averting my gaze to a stuffed animal to avoid eye contact with her. "Yes."

"By any chance, is he a kid with full, wavy hair, tanned skin, and glasses?"

I turn to her. "Yes. Wait, so you know him?"