10| calum lester

"I'll be everything —even an idiot for you."

Hailey's pov:

Hailey's pov:

What is this?

Fucking polyamory? Is this the Veronica's rendition of Polo, Carla, and Christian's drama? Is she attempting to live out her TV show fantasies through a four-way romantic entanglement? Because, let's face it, this isn't the playbook for healthy relationship dynamics. What Veronica has orchestrated here seems more like the plot of a teenage psychodrama.

I'm not exactly surprised. She's a Scorpio.

"No. I'm not going out there." I jerk away from Cassie when she tries to pull me down the stairs. "Tell him I have the flu or something. I can't meet with him."

"What are you talking about? You've been working your darn little butt off for this date all month, and now you want to back out? You were very excited." She then smirks. "I get it, it's your anxiety, right? You'd thank me later for pushing you out there."

"Hell, Cassie, no." I forcefully detach my hand when she grabs it. My eyes are as wide as the moon when I say, "I can't do this. I don't want to go out there, I just can't wrap my mind around this."

"Yes, neither can I. Four months? You go girl! My longest relationship lasted three days."

I give her a blank stare.

A second ago, I considered stomaching the entire night. She has three boyfriends, so what? I should still do this to get my pay. All I need to do is schedule their dates so they don't end up learning about each other, and I was ready to go through with it. But, once I hit the stairs after getting dressed, I began panicking.

"Ronnie, you can't keep him waiting. You know how needy Calum is." She teases, but I'm just not feeling it.

I feel sick in my stomach. "But I can't shake off the feeling that I'm walking into a death trap. What if we run into Adam and he finds-"

"Oh please, forget about that cunt for a second. This day is about you and Mr. Eastwood hottie."

"He's not in our school?"

"Wow, you must be so tensed that even your memory is all screwed up. And this is the more reason why you should go out there, run into his arms and give him a big kiss. He's in his senior year, and is very busy, but he's making the time for you. He's abandoning applications for you."

"Well, he's an idiot."

"A romantic idiot." She corrects. "And please stop thinking about Adam." She frowns. "Adam has never stopped you from doing this before. I mean you don't even like the teenage dirtbag, so why is this coming up now?" She then rubs my arm. "He's at school, preparing for the game tonight. There's no way you're running into him."