28| anti-adam

The moment I walk into school the next morning, I'm hit in the face with chaos.

Literally.

Wet toilet paper is launched at my face at the speed of lightning. I pause at the door, startled. Well, isn't karma a pretty thing. Gagging, I peel the disgusting item off my face to see freshmen standing a foot from me with shock on their faces. Looks like I've found my attackers. The group of boys rush towards me with apologies shooting into the air. Embarrassed, the boys quickly disappear into a corner.

With a shrug, I proceed into school to see the disaster Dean and I left behind.

We did indeed lose our minds.

It stinks in here. It is a copy-paste of a dumpster. It's messier than mess itself. We practically destroyed the school. I don't think they're going to get the smell of rotten eggs out in time for classes.

The whole school's noisy, noisier than usual. It's understandable. Everyone takes turns in guessing what could've happened, and who could've done this; however, none of their guesses are close to being accurate. Thank God. They have their phones out, taking pictures and sharing them onto the internet. Our movement's trending on Twitter with the hashtag eat-the-rich.

And... it gets worse.

The cops are here.

Each corner I turn, they're there; questioning everyone, and searching lockers thoroughly. For the cops to be involved, the principal must be infuriated. I should probably lay low for the rest of the day.

Anxiously, I scan around for Dean- my accomplice. He's nowhere in sight.

A loud bang echoes down the school's hallway, and my eyes automatically trace it's direction. I don't see Dean, yet my heart skips a beat.

Not the romantic kind.

The one everyone gets when they feel fear.

The sound was caused by Adam. Not surprised. He's right there. Down the hallway, by a locker. The main reason for the crimes Dean and I committed a few hours ago is right in front of me. I'm curious to see his reaction.

I hang around a locker, away from his line of vision, and watch him.

My lips spread into a smile when I see the veins popping from his neck. Ooh, he's so mad. From the looks of it, he might even shed a tear. However, the pleasant smile on my face dies the second I see the victim of his anger and agitation.

Mikey.

Him again?

"You twat! You better explain yourself if you don't want a broken jaw!" Adam screams in his face.

Without thinking, I dash towards them.

They are away from the cops and security cameras. Adam sure picked the perfect spot to target his favorite victim. I tense up, realizing how far ahead they are. I doubt I'll reach him on time, considering the amount of students crowding the halls to watch Adam explode.

"Woah!" Mikey exclaims when he's grabbed by the collar and slammed against a locker. From where I am, I can feel Adam's frustration, but Mikey fails to read it as he lets out his next statement. "Okay, big guy. We've got to stop meeting each other like this. I'm starting to think you've got a crush on me."

I groan internally. Saying things like that will only infuriate him, Mikey. I pick up my pace when Adam pulls him off the locker and smashes him right back into it.