32| mikey akande

"his vibe is pretty"

Hailey's pov:

      And to think Cassie was the better friend.

That bitch slammed a rock into the back of my head.

Sinking deeper into the cold bench, I pout. I've been hiding in the garden for minutes now, praying that this feeling passes away soon. Thank the heavens Veronica's house is big enough to have places where people can hide away from, well, people. I don't want anyone seeing me, because if they do, they'll pity me. Wincing, I take off the ice pack placed on my head to stop the excessive throbbing. My head starts to buzz at the retraction of the cold item. I think Cassie may have done some real damage there. Wiggling my wrist, I check the time. It's been two minutes. I still have one hundred and eighteen more minutes till I'm allowed back into the house.

After Penelope, everything turned into a fiasco. I got into more trouble. Her video got on the internet, and in no time, it circulated across the country. It's now one of those epic reels you'll find on Instagram, TikTok and even YouTube shorts. I'm really popular now, but unfortunately, that's not the kind of popularity Lilith was looking for her daughter.

I will never unhear the repulsion in her voice when she said, "I cannot believed I raised such a disgraceful daughter! A slut!" That's what she's been screaming in my ear since she picked me up from school. It got worse after we arrived at the house. She threw things to the ground, shattering every mug, flower vase, and every picture frame of Veronica she laid eyes on. After each scream, came the sound of things crashing onto the floor.

Veronica's mother, Lilith doesn't control her anger very well. She says things that aren't meant to be said, ever. And then she wonders why her daughter turned out this way. Once she had no other item to throw around, she smoked. After smoking god knows what, she ordered the maids to throw me out.

Throw me out, and let me back in after two hours. Apparently, that's a popular punishment for Veronica, and it's supposed to give me the time to reflect on my actions, and think clearly. However, I'm not Veronica, so the only thing this isolation does to me is drive me crazy.

My thoughts consume me. How do I get out of the mess?

Gabe and Dimitri are still inside with Lilith. They're partly responsible for this, but Lilith doesn't know this. They're probably going to be scolded, but I doubt they'll lose their jobs over this.

My head snaps towards the gate when I hear a car honk. Security opens the gate up, and a small truck drives in. I bite my lip. Is that Patrick? I can't deal with another parent. Lilith already drained me. However, when I get a closer look at the jeep, I realize wealthy man, Patrick won't drive something so shabby.

And I stand correct as Mikey steps out of the parked vehicle.

A heavy sigh leaves my lips. He's honestly the last person I'll like to see now. With bored eyes, I watch him trip on his way out of his vehicle. He curses under his breath. Sticking his head into the driver's seat, he yells at someone inside. A tiny voice yells back at him, but he ignores it, and locks the vehicle.