11| that damned skateboard

Calum smirks. "Tasty lips," he says. "If you wanted to kiss me so badly, you should've just said so."

I'm intoxicated by the fragrance that has been smudged onto my lips. My stomach starts to do weird things while my eyes stay on him. Heavy pants leave my tingling lips, caused by the effects of the near accident, and also by the recent smooch. I've been kissed by both boyfriends, but there's something different about this one. Frozen in time, I begin to lose myself in his eyes.

His eyes are the color of a clear blue sky through a crack in a prison wall. His eyes are like blue fire in water, if you can imagine such a thing. At this moment, I know he would be a great person to be with; never dominating, nor submitting, but a companion who walks freely alongside. As he stares at me with love and playfulness, his blue eyes become beautiful butterfly wings, his and mine.

"I can literally see you melting away like butter." He smirks.

When his voice becomes raspy, I fight off the effects, and jerk away from his hold. His hand slides off my butt, and I subconsciously bring my hands to pat them before kicking the annoying skateboard away.

"Seriously, you don't need to take permission or fake an accident to kiss me, babydoll."

"You think I faked almost getting my face smashed in just to kiss you?"

"Well, you are Veronica. There's nothing you won't do to get what you want."

My cheeks flush a light pink, and I try hiding it; I bend my head to the ground, putting my attention on the skateboard. "Whatever." I shrug the conversation off, but the white haired boy isn't ready to let the conversation end so easily.

He puts a hand on my waist, pulling my attention back to him. "Oh no, buttercup. You don't get to tease me like that?"

I frown at the need in his eyes. "What?"

His blue eyes fall to my lips. "I want more."

With that, he slams his lips onto mine.

I pull away. "What are you doing? Right in public?"

His eyes are clouded with something unholy. "That's never stopped us before. You love a good pda."

Calum pulls me in, and claims my lips. For a second, I'm shocked, but soon after, my body begins to relax. My shoulders relax in response to the affection, slowly melting into the feeling. I am filled with shame when I instinctually kiss him back, however the kiss is way too fulfilling to stop. My response seems to have hit Calum like a tidal wave coming back to shore since he moves a hand to the back of my neck, pressing even closer. I'm unsure what to do with my lips, so I subtly move them, following his lead. I'm surprised when I notice that my hands have made their way to his back. He's the first to have his lips on mine for so long. I don't get why I'm not pushing him away... maybe, I'm just trying to be good at this job. If I need him to believe I'm his girlfriend, I may as well act exactly like her, and kiss like her? I feel insane tingles on my body, as the feeling courses through my body, leaving behind a series of indecent thoughts.

A squirrel squeaks above me, and I bounce off Calum. Shocked by the sound, I flip my head behind me, expecting to find a tree there with a squirrel on it, but I see Cassie instead. Half her body is out Veronica's bedroom window, lips stretched in a wide smile.