Broken

A/N: This was requested by Feminiist_. I hope this was what you wanted. Keep these requests coming! (I'm sorry it sucks)

Next: Broken Part 2 (Request)
Words: 1189
Warnings: Describes a panic attack (don't know if that counts as a trigger warning, but better safe then sorry) Spoiler for end of HOO/BOO (just in case you are yet to finish)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Leo's pov

Short gasps.
Harsh uneven heart beats.
Terror-filled moments full of an impending sense of death.
I was having another panic attack.
And this time I was alone.
The feeling of being deserted didn't help my attack, only resulting in it getting worse. I fall backwards as my hands and feet start to feel numb.
This was bad.
Probably my worst one yet.
And I was facing it alone.
Pain ripped through me and I clutch at my stomach, feeling the pain of exploding all over again. Feeling the anguish of the first time fire actually hurt me burn through my senses like a forest fire. My vision was consumed with the last thing I saw; Jason and Piper falling through the air. I could imagine my pulse roaring in my ears, mixing with the adrenaline I know is rushing through my veins. I desperately gasp for air despite knowing that no matter how much oxygen I gulp in, it won't be enough to calm down.
Nothing will take away this fear.
These horrifying memories.
This excruciating pain.
This burning.
I clench my eyes closed, praying to any God that might listen that I can fall asleep before I completely fall apart.
Just as my consciousness begins to slip, I feel a comfortingly cool hand softly brush the sweat-soaked hair out of my eyes. And a familiar, worried voice murmuring my name before reality slipped away and left me behind to drown.

___---___

"-didn't you tell me?" The methodical voice of a distressed and familiar female shoved past the clouds in my mind and began to pull me out of its darkened state.

"Like we said Y/N, we didn't realise it was this bad." Another familiar voice, male this time.

"Yeah, otherwise we would definitely have told you. Or at least done something about it." A different female, also recognisable.

A harsh and sudden pain pierced my skull, causing me to groan and roll over on my mattress in order to find a more comfortable position. In doing so, I drew attention to myself and the faces of old friends crowd my vision, the familiarity bringing a sense of calm as each of their names ring like a chime in my mind.

Percy
Annabeth
Jason
Piper
Frank
Hazel
Will
Nico
Reyna
And Y/N

I feel Y/N's soft hand caressing my face and I begin to relax a little at her soothing touch.

"Leo, why didn't you tell us?" Her voice was quiet and careful when she asked the question.

"I didn't want to worry you." Was the only pathetic excuse I could manage to mumble out.

"Well it's a little late for that now." Percy replied with an airy chuckle that failed to conceal the concern in his eyes.

"I know, I know." I groaned out as I attempted to sit up, Frank coming forward to assist me, and I notice the purple colouring of his clothing. "Wait, did you come all the way from New Rome?"

"As soon as we heard our loveable idiot had slipped into unconsciousness again, we were all dying to find out what you'd managed to do this time." Reyna replied, attempting to lighten the atmosphere.

"Yeah, can't have you dying on us a second time." I wince when Jason jokingly brings up the memory, unaware that it was the reason behind this memory. Y/N seemed to be the only one to notice my fear of the memory.

"Hey, guys?" Y/N brings attention to herself. "Can you please give us a moment alone?" She turns back and looks at Annabeth for support. A silent conversation goes on between the two of them for a few brief moments. Then the blonde daughter of Athena stood up, grabbing Percy's hand and leading him out of the room. She throws one last look over her shoulder at Y/N, almost like she was wishing her luck, before exiting the room. Their absence acting as a signal for everyone else to start filing out of the room. Everyone except Y/N, who stays kneeling at my bedside. I wasn't sure when it happened, but I suddenly become aware of Y/N's hand in mine. The silence in the room begins to set in and neither of us dare to break it.

"Leo." Y/N's voice was so quiet I almost thought I had imagined it, but then she continued. "Why? Why didn't you tell me? Tell us? We could have helped."

"It's honestly never been that bad before." I mumbled back.

"We need to do something about it. Anything." Y/N was determined to help.

"It was probably only a one off thing." I reply, not wanting to make too much of a fuss over this. "It may never happen again."

"May is a very dangerous word to risk your life on." Y/N was firm, not letting me get away with this. "Is there anything I could do to convince you to do something about this?"

"Go out with me?" I had intended it to be something I mumbled to myself, but I forgot how sharp Y/N's hearing was.

"Seriously?" Y/N asked, eyes wide at the request. A bright red blush lit up my face, my embarrassment threatening to start a fire.

"Forget it." I grumbled, I had already convinced myself a long time ago that Y/N was way out of my league.

"Dam Leo." Y/N giggled. "I thought you'd never ask."

"What?" It took a moment for her reply to finally settle in. "You know, you don't have to. I'll do something about my problem anyway."

"No take backs!" Y/N laughed and pulled me into a hug, holding on until I hesitantly wrapped my arms around her waist, resting my head on her shoulder. "You're stuck with me now." She smiled lovingly and pulled back, giving me a quick peck on the lips before looking downwards to hide the blush on her cheeks.

"I should go." She shyly murmured, then stood up to exit the room. I grabbed a hold of her wrist before she could get too far away from me.

"Stay?" I quietly requested, watching as a bright smile broke out on her face.

"Of course." Y/N crawled onto the mattress, resting her head on my chest. I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her close. As sleep began to stalk up on me I made a promise to myself; that from this day forward, I was never going to let Y/N go.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A/N: I apologise, but there's been a change of plans and someone has requested a part two for this one shot. It's likely to be short, but I'll do it anyway.
~ACW