"We're Stonger Now"

Long Chapter:) You're welcome.

"You really should answer that." My sister says after my phone has rung for the third time.

"It's not important." I wave her off, continuing to work on my suit's tie.

"I'm sure it is." She insists while I check the suit in the mirror. Sleeves fit better. "Cameron."

Other than being nosey and obsessive, my sister is a brilliant seamstress.

"The suit is much better, thank you."

"Cameron.." My sister quirks a brow. "Answer it."

"It's just Meghan."

My sister eyes be through the mirror. "I know."

Suspicion fills me. "Melanie.."

"You're gonna be mad but.. it's a good idea!" My little sister shouts as I turn to her.

"Melanie, what did you two do?"

"Well, Isaiah said you shouldn't go by yourself tonight."

My hands fist inside my dress pants.

"Damnit." I walk through the sister's boutique to where my suit jacket hangs. "Meghan." I growl though the phone. "What the hell?!"

"I agreed that it was a good idea." A soft voice responds and I sigh, pulling the phone away from my ear to check the caller identity. My Love.

"Do you really want to go?" I ask into the phone while glaring at my sister. "This is a huge benefit, there will be photographers at every turn, everyone coming up to you and asking how you are, we have to seem normal."

"The best way for everything to get back to normal is to pretend it is."

"I'll be there in ten minutes, alright?"

"See you in ten." She responds quietly and the call clicks to an end. Without taking my eyes from my sister, I shove my phone into my pocket.

She breaks-eye contact first and I start toward the door, stopping in front of her.

"When this goes bad, I will blame you."

"Cam," She reaches over and hugs me, causing me to stiffen. "Everything will work out."

"Everyone keeps saying that." I sigh. "And each time I believe it less. The press is gonna all over her." My anger starts to build. "And it's your fault."

Ten minutes later I'm pulling up the driveway when Megan drives past.

Her truck slows, causing me to slow my SUV.

"Why did you think this is a good idea?"

"She asked me." She pushes up her sunglasses so they pull her hair back. "She asked where you were going and wanted me to help her. She's waiting for you." She states before flicking her sunglasses back down and driving away.

'This isn't gonna end well.' Is my thought as I continue to drive up the driveway. But that thought leaves as soon is a see my wife standing standing on our porch.

She looks like she's just stepped out of some modeling magazine.

I have always thought my wife was beautiful, but right now. The black evening gown, the tulle flowing in the breeze along with her hair.

The SUV stops and she takes the few steps down the white wrap around porch. When I get out of the car, she stops.

"You look beautiful."