"We'll Find Our Way"

"There's baby." Dr. Kingsley angles the computer screen to us, she presses a button on the keyboard and our baby's heartbeat fills the room.

Our baby looks perfect, small but all the little details are present.

"She's beautiful." My wife voices my thoughts and I hum my agreement.

"She?" Dr. Kingsley asks, looking at us over her glasses.

"I'm following Cameron's gut feeling." My wife shrugs from her lounged position on the exam table.

The dark haired doctor simply hums before turning the screen back to her. She must see Amelia and I's disappointment because she smiles, assuring us that that she just needs to take a few measurements and that she'll turn it back when she was finished. "Would you like to know if you're gut feeling is right?"

She clicks a few buttons before glancing at us. Amelia's hand, which has been relaxed in mine, flexes tightly. Her ironclad grip clasping my hand, makes me look at her and I immediately see her answer reflected in her crystal blue orbs.

"Yes." I answer the doctor, not taking my eyes from my wife.

"Mr. James, you're three for three." She smiles, turning the screen back to us and I grin, standing to kiss my wife. My happiness grows when she quickly responds. I don't hold back my laughter after I pull away and reach for Amelia's bump. "I knew it! Oh, sweet Nora, Daddy can't wait to meet you!" I spare a glance at Amelia, noticing a small smile.

"We were right?"

"I'm three for three, baby!" I start laughing again. "I said Theo would be a boy because that's what you secretly wanted to have first, and that the next two would be girls to even the household, so you and Zoey wouldn't have to handle to sea of testosterone alone anymore."

She simply chuckles, shaking her head before looking it the doctor. "Everything was alright with her?"

"Everything looked perfect Mrs. James, you have a very healthy baby. I know your husband already knows this, but the twenty-sixth week is my personal favorite."

"Why's that?"

"The survival rate if the baby were to be born drastically jumps to eighty-percent." I inform my wife. "But that doesn't matter because she won't be coming early."

"So not only do you will our children's genders, you also will their due dates?"

"I'm very persuasive." I mutter, reaching for a paper towel on the side of the hospital bed and wiping the gel off of Amelia's stomach. "When I want to be." I wink at her, my smile growing when she blushes.

Dr. Kingsley clears her throat as she stands. "Amelia, increase your greens, your iron was low. Dr. Spencer will be in momentarily."

"Thank you." My still flushed wife mutters, looking back to me.

We're unable to take our eyes from each other but the door clicks closed. When it does, I stand resting my head against hers.

"Not much could make me happier." I mutter, feeling her hands come up to my neck, her fingers gripping the curls that come to the nape of my neck. "I love you." I hear her sharp intake of breath and I shake my head. "Don't say anything. I just- I know I haven't told you in a long time but-"

"I know." She stops me, pulling me closer so our lips brush. "I know. I've been thinking about how you found out..."  She mutters causing me to pull back. "I'm sorry it happened that way."

"That's not your fault baby."  I study her, she seems truly distressed causing my to try to come up with ways to distract her. "For Theo, I caught you redoing the guest room into a nursery." I smile at the memory, she looked so nervous.

"And Mayzie?" She frowns at my wolfish grin what I'm unable to hide.

"We had been trying for awhile."

"I think that's enough for tonight." Amelia looks over at me and I set my laptop to the side before rolling onto her.

"I think tonight's the night." I say, inching my body lower, so my mouth is level with her stomach, covered with nothing but a thin, white sheet.

"Maybe." She shrugs, lifting her hips so I can pull the pillow out from underneath her. "It'll happen when we're ready."

We lay there for a few moments before I feel the need to get up.

"I'll be back." I kiss her stomach before pushing myself up. I pause for moment, taking my fill looking at her. Her tousled golden locks lay strewn on her pillow. She catches my eyes and grips the sheet that covers her, removing it.

"Baby." I find myself groaning, the image seared into my mind. I walk back to the bed, planting an aggressive kiss against her lip. "Wait just a second."

A few moments later, I turn the sink on to wash my hands; it's there I notice the four white sticks sitting to the side of the counter.

Two purple lines are clear on each of the pregnancy tests. Joy overwhelms me just as arms wrap around my waist.

"Are you telling me I just spent an hour trying to put a baby in you and there's already one there?"

I both hear and feel her giggle which only adds to my elated state.

"Surprise." Her lips move against my bare back as she speaks. "Happy?"

My shaking hand sets the one test I picked up on the counter, then I turn to her, gripping her thighs before hoisting her up, her legs wrapping around my waist. "Very." I respond, carrying her back to our bed.

A knock causes me to pull back and a moment later Dr. Spencer walks in, looking at his clipboard before glancing up at us.

"Mrs. James, you look quite flushed." He states, frowning as he approaches us. "Is everything alright?"

He clears her throat and I smirk. "She's fine, doctor."

He simply nods before launching into a series of questions which Amelia answers with a simple yes or no.

After a while he sighs, taking off his glasses.

"In all cases of retrograde amnesia, that I've seen, after this much time, few memories were recovered."

This is what we've been expecting, but there's something final about his tone. But I think about these past few weeks, we've suddenly been on the same wavelength. For the first time in months, I've been happy. We've been happy.

"We'll find our way." I mutter, enveloping my wife's hand with him.

"I have a feeling we always do."

***
Short chappie. Comment suggestions or theories you have.