"He Has to Leave"

"You need to get home now." Xander's troubled voice comes through the speaker the second I pick up the phone. "It's Kyle."

My fist clenches the phone, as I stand. "Where's your mother?"

"She made him stay outside, but she's listening to him."

"And your sister?"

"Having a nervous breakdown upstairs. Dad, you need to come quick, I tried to get him to leave but Mom stopped me."

"I'm leaving now." I tell him, jogging out of my office and toward the elevator. "Get out here with your mother. And Zander," I pause, just the the elevator dings, to sure that he's listening. "Don't let him leave."

It takes me ten minutes to get to the house.

Amelia looks absolutely distraught sitting in the oak rocking chair, Zander standing behind her, a comforting hand on her shoulder.

The man standing in front of her freezes when I slam the door to the SUV closed.

"I thought we had an understanding!" I roar, approaching the porch. Amelia stands, wiping a tear from her face.

"Mr. James." Kyle Hamilton says, stepping toward me.

"Get off of my property."

"My daughter-"

"My daughter!" I stop him. "Is none of your concern! Now, get off my damn property."

It's no wonder Zoey is terrified to see him. He's about six feet but probably weighs just over a hundred pounds. The last time he was here, just over six years ago, he was to high to even string together a coherent thought.

"I'll get it!" Fifteen year old Xander calls, jumping up from his seat at the dining table. "I'm coming!" He yells as the doorbell rings a second time.

A few seconds later he's screaming his head off .

"Xander!" I yell, standing from the dinning table. A very pregnant Amelia waddling quickly after me. Xander's yelling becomes more urgent and I start to sprint toward the front door.

He's screaming at the most ill looking man. Yelling at him to leave, that he should be here.

"Xander! Xander!" I grab him, pulling him back from the man that's obviously not okay.

"Dad! He wants to take them." He turns to me, fear evident in his eyes. "Make him leave. He has to leave."

"I want to see her." The man suddenly speaks, or slurs. "Where is she?"

"Who?" Amelia asks from behind me, trying to step forward but my arm comes out stopping her.

"My daughter, Zoey, I want to see me daughter."

"Amelia." I fight to keep the shake from my voice. "Take Xander, finish dinner with the kids."

Moving past Xander, I step out into the porch.

Kyle Hamilton, Zoey's biological father, was just released from state prison this past week. He was for auto theft and dealing, proving that Marie really knew how to pick them.

I take a minute to study him, he hasn't stopped shaking, his nails digging into the crook of his arm.

"Please, let me see her."

"Absolutely not." I spit, stepping toward him in the most menacing way. "You will not be getting anywhere near her."

"She's my daughter!" He shouts, stepping forward, clearly becoming unhinged.