Seventeen

Derrick
6:56 pm

As I stood in this long ass line at Applebee's I scrolled through my Instagram

As I stood in this long ass line at Applebee's I scrolled through my Instagram. "Derrick is that you?" I looked up to see my old detention buddy from high school Mallory walking towards me.

We always got in trouble for starting shit. "Mallory..damn its been a minute." I said giving her a friendly hug.

"That's one long ass minute." She chuckled. "How have you been?" She questioned me as she stood beside while I was in line.

"Good. And you?" I said putting my phone in my pocket.

She smiled widely before answering. "Great actually."

It was a slight silence between us, until I remembered she worked for Miami Harold, the website that posted that article about Jordyn. "Aye you still work for Miami Harold?" I questioned out if the blue, well to her.

She nodded. "Yup, you know it." She said flipping her hair, ok now it's not the best job.

I just shook my head at her. "Do you know who did that one Chris Brown story." I asked.

"About the kid?" She laughed. "Oh that was me." She stated simply.

I shook my head once again, I should've known. "Damn that was some shit." I tried to play it cool, like something was funny.

"No but for real."

"How you find out all of that." I wondered.

"You wouldn't even believe, someone real close to her told me." She smirked. She looked like she was going to continue but her phone interrupted her by ringing. "Hold up....shit I'll see you around." She quickly hugged me before disappearing out of sight in the restaurant.

Nyla
7:00 pm

I was out with my best friend aka, Deshawns cousin Mya

I was out with my best friend aka, Deshawns cousin Mya. I haven't been out with just her for so long first school, then a whole bunch of other shit got in the way. But today I decided since my family low key disappeared to Asia, and Deshawn had practice. "How have you've been feeling since your incident?" She asked as we looked at the shoes on the wall at footlocker.