Eight

'Lesson'

Over a week had passed since their first training session and lessons were now in full swing

Over a week had passed since their first training session and lessons were now in full swing. The initial excitement of a new school year had worn off and, unfortunately, prank season had begun.

Lori had resigned herself to the fact that she would have to take points away from her own house when it came to dealing with Fred and George, though Cedric had intervened at almost every time she had needed to. They had caught more and more students out of bed the further into the term they got, mostly first years who still wanted to explore the castle at night.

The Cup was still very much known to only the Quidditch teams and Hooch, who had been more than willing to referee when Lori and Cedric had asked her to. The four Captains were in agreement that this week would be the one where they announce the Cup.

As always on a Friday night, the Gryffindor Common Room was bustling with students, most of whom had given themselves the night of from study.

Lori climbed up onto the end of the sofa and cleared her throat, "Attention, everyone!"

Even when there wasn't a party on, the Gryffindors seemed to be in the mood for one, but they fell into silence when their Quidditch Captain asked for it.

"I am pleased to announce, that with the cooperation of both Madam Hooch and the other Quidditch Captains, that this year's Cup is back on!"

Bottles of pumpkin juice seemed to appear out of thin air, several bags of sweets being passed around the Common Room as it erupted into cheers. The lack of a tournament that year had really put a damper on the mood of the older students.

"It will be in the form of friendly matches, but Hooch has agreed to present the winning house with the Cup at the end of the year!"

By now, a party had definitely begun. A sixth year had magicked a stereo from somewhere and was now playing an upbeat tune as various students danced and screamed. Lori couldn't even have her spirits pulled down when McLaggen sidled up to her and asked for a tryout.

Around nine, she started to send the younger years to bed, as well as turning the music down. At ten, those who weren't already in their beds were forced to turn in for the night.

The six Gryffindor prefects left through the portrait hole after making sure the Common Room was empty, going down the staircases to the Great Hall. The Goblet still produced blue flame as they split off with their partners for that night's patrol.

"You got any plans for the weekend?" Lori asked when she and Cedric reached the second floor.

"Danny and Ellie are dragging me to Hogsmeade for my birthday on Sunday." he smiled, "You?"

"I'm sorry?" Lori gasped, "Did you forget to tell your prefect buddy it's your birthday?"

Cedric chuckled, "I don't really like making a big deal of it."