Forty Seven

'The Den'

Deep in the heart of Ottery St Catchpole, in a now fully refurbished cottage, Cedric Diggory was fast asleep in bed, his arms laid where Lori had been minutes before

He was surprised when he woke to find her already awake, as he was usually the first one out of bed. Rubbing his eyes, he made his way down to the kitchen to find her, wearing his Seeker top and cooking.

"Morning, gorgeous." he greeted, standing behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist, "I didn't expect you to be up this early."

She hummed happily, twisting to press a kiss to his cheek before continuing to make their breakfast, "I just needed to get my thoughts together."

Cedric perched on the counter beside her, smiling at his girlfriend cooking the Muggle way. Sizzling came from the stove as she brought the pan away, a slightly nervous expression plastering her face, "I can safely say I've never flipped pancakes before."

With a grimace, she jerked the pan up, their breakfast twirling in the air silently before landing safely in the pan. Cedric clapped as Lori took a small bow, setting it back on the stove.

"Well," she smiled brightly, "first one's nearly done."

Minutes later, the two of them were sat around their small kitchen table, diving into their pancakes and talking of their nerves for the upcoming mission.

Harry would be moved to the Burrow later that evening for protection and no one in the Order had any doubts that Death Eaters would be waiting for them, even though they had laid a false trail.

"Why don't you just use magic?" Cedric asked, eyeing the stove.

"It's fun!" she insisted, dragging him back to cook seconds, half shoving the pan and spatula into his hand, "And it's a great thing to do for dates."

He quirked a brow, "Is that a suggestion?"

"Maybe."

They laughed as he actually started smiling when his pancakes took shape, successfully flipping them with a large grin, "I did it!"

Smiling proudly, Lori helped him to turn off the stove, cutting up some of his pancake and feeding it to him with a fork.

"I could get used to this." Cedric smiled, placing his hand on Lori's waist, "Just the two of us."

She laughed, "Isn't that the whole point, that you get used to it?"

"Well," he smirked down at her, "there's one thing I'll never get used to."

Gingerly bringing their lips together, he wrapped his hands around her waist as her fingers threaded through his hair. Smiling against her lips, Cedric lifted her up into the air. Lori let out an excited squeal, before wrapping her legs around him, their tongues battling for dominance.